Here we are with another flavour-loaded, warm and satisfying recipe for dinner that will perfectly fit in your keto diet. Have you got some vegetables and chicken in your pantry? Then let us prepare a restaurant-quality meal that looks as beautiful as it is delicious. This recipe is one of our favourites, not only because it has rich traditional taste, but it works great if you like to batch cook, especially if you have a busy lifestyle.
It was fun to prepare this recipe because it just looks so pretty! The combination of vegetables and marinade in this dish will make you jump for joy. We used bell peppers, zucchini and onions. Still, you can also use kale, spinach and even sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli and asparagus, choices are endless, get as creative as you wish to make it a veggie-rich as much as possible.
Using cheese in this recipe is optional, we used cheddar cheese, but you can choose Parmesan or mozzarella or you alternate for any other kind you prefer. Not to forget to mention that we use organic chicken breast, make sure to choose grass-fed and humanely raised chicken that is free from antibiotics and hormones.
For the marinade, you can either use a dry form marinade or a wet one. We prepared a mixture of herbs and spices along with some olive oil. With chicken recipes, you can pretty much use whatever seasonings you like; it is such a versatile dish. We went for Italian spices along with salt and pepper; you can make your favourite blend, the possibilities are endless.
It is a straightforward recipe to prepare, follow these five simple steps, and you will have a delicious low-carb dinner recipe in no time.
Prepare the recipe ingredients, use a bit of cooking oil to grease the baking tray you’ll be using later and preheat the oven at 180 ºC / 350 ºF.
Wash and cut the vegetables, mix them with crushed garlic, Italian herbs, lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper until they are covered with the marinade.
Open the chicken and stuff it with the vegetables.
Secure the fillings inside the chicken well.
Place the chicken on a baking tray and cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden on the outside and cooked on the inside. Optional step: Cover the chicken with cheese and bake 3 minutes to melt it.
Cut the chicken into smaller rolls and serve.
Keto Primavera Stuffed Chicken
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into long ribbons
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into long ribbons
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper cut into long ribbons
- 1/3 zucchini cut into long ribbons
- 1/4 red onion cut into small slice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 ºC / 350 ºF.
- With the help of a knife, open the chicken breasts in a butterfly-like shape trying not to cut through the meat at the bottom — season with salt and pepper.
- Wash and cut the vegetables. Peel and cut the zucchini into strips, cut bell peppers and onion into thin-long ribbons.
- In a small bowl, mix minced garlic, Italian herbs, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the mixed vegetable slices in and rub them with the marinade.
- Place the marinated vegetables on the chicken fillet. You can add some cheese on top of the veggies too. Next, start at one end and roll so the veggies fillings are fully inside. Use a string or a toothpick to secure the meat.
- Place the chicken rolls on the baking tray that has been greased with oil or butter. Cook in the oven between 30-40 minutes or until the chicken breasts turn golden.
- If you wish to, you can cover the chicken breasts with more cheddar cheese once the chicken is cooked, and put in the oven again for 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Once done, remove from oven. Use a sharp knife to cut the stuffed chicken rolls in half or into small slices. Serve with your favorite low-carb sauce and maybe steamed veggies like asparagus or broccoli if desired.