If you’re a fan of Almond Joy candy (or you were before you went keto), then you will LOVE this recipe! We used Almond Joy as the inspiration for the base of this recipe. With three layers, this dessert is very easy to prepare! You may want to double the ingredients next time and save some for the upcoming weekend.
Keto Almond Joy Brownies are one of our favorite sugar-free desserts. Their rich chocolate texture is all we need to satisfy our sweet chocolate cravings.
We found two more layers that perfectly combine with a brownie crust. The first one is a coconut filling made from coconut flour and heavy cream. The second one is melted chocolate with chopped almonds. It covers the whole dessert while making it sweet and so tasty.
One of the primary ingredients in this recipe is chocolate. In addition to tasting great, chocolate is one of the best sources of flavonoid antioxidants on the planet!
Research shows that chocolate consumption increases polyphenol concentrations in the body, which have anti-inflammatory effects that have been shown to protect against cardiovascular disease, reduce the risk of insulin resistance and diabetes, protect nerves from inflammation and injury, and protect against skin UV damage. Chocolate also has a beneficial effect on mood, cognition, and satiety (*).
You’ll also be using a lot of almonds in this recipe, which provide healthy sources of fats and fiber. Research shows that fiber helps promote digestive health, boosts the immune system, fights obesity and diabetes, and even protects against cancer (*)(*).
Low Carb Almond Joy Brownie Bars are full of flavor! We highly recommend making them next time when you plan to chill with friends. Sometimes it is so easy to fall in love with a low-carb diet and your friends are going to approve this theory! Enjoy!
Preheat the oven to 300F and line a baking pan with parchment paper. We used an 8×4 bread loaf pan size.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients that we use for the crust. We have ground almonds (you can use almond flour if you want to), cocoa powder, coconut flour, and baking powder. We add a little bit of salt and keto sweetener.
Mix eggs in, one at a time, as well as the olive oil. You can also use butter or melted coconut oil. Use an electric mixer to beat everything. Add just enough almond milk to make the brownie pourable. Finally, fold in some chopped almonds.
Pour the crust batter into a prepared baking dish. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
In the meantime, prepare the coconut filling by simply beating heavy cream, coconut flour, melted cream cheese, and sweetener together in a bowl.
Wait for the brownie crust to cool completely then spread coconut filling over it.
Put the cake in the freezer while you make the last chocolate filling. Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler until fully melted then spread over the coconut filling to the edges.
Top with more chopped almonds and refrigerate at least one hour. Once ready, cut into 12 squares and enjoy!
Keto Almond Joy Brownies
For brownie crust
For coconut filling
For the top
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate sugar-free, melted
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300F and line an 8×4 bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
For the brownie crust
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine ground almonds. cocoa powder, powdered erythritol, salt, coconut flour, and baking powder. Add eggs in, one at a time, as well as olive oil (or melted butter).
- Use an electric mixer to combine. Slowly add almond milk in, just enough to make the batter pourable, Mix well.
- Fold in chopped almonds and transfer the crust batter into a prepared baking dish. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Once done, let it cool.
For the coconut filling
- In the meantime, mix coconut flour, sweetener, melted cream cheese, and heavy cream together in a bowl. Wait for the brownie crust to cool enough then spread coconut filling over it. Refrigerate until set.
For the third layer
- Melt dark chocolate and butter in a microwave or double boiler until fully melted. Spread the chocolate mixture on top of the coconut layer to the edges.
- Top with more chopped almonds and put it back in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. Cut into 12 bars and enjoy.
More Low-Carb and Sugar-free Desserts with Chocolate You Might Want to Try: