It’s a good day for making something sweet and keto-friendly, something you can eat and enjoy every bite! These low-carb, sugar-free and keto-friendly almond chocolate bars have a high-fat percentage, we think that one bar is going to fill you up, and they taste so good.
Because of the high fat content, you can treat these bars as keto fat bombs.
For this recipe, you need some ingredients which are important for every keto kitchen. You need butter, coconut oil, almond butter, almond flour, sweetener, and dark chocolate.
You can buy almond butter or make it on your own. We made it in a food processor, simply put roasted almonds with coconut oil and blend for 20-25 minutes, it depends on the food processor you have in your kitchen.
Almonds are great for a snack because they are a good source of fat and protein. They may also lower serum glucose and prevent diabetes. (1)
Another reason to make low-carb protein bars with almonds is because almond is the number one nut to eat on the keto diet. They have rich flavors, many vitamins, and minerals. They are very healthy and absolutely needed in your diet.
Also, we made almond flour in the food processor. You don’t have to spend money on two different ingredients (almond flour and almond butter). Just buy almonds in the nearest store and make your own two ingredients.
Another ingredient is coconut oil. Coconut oil is a stable oil resistant to oxidation that can be used for cooking. (2) It has potential against heart disease, cancer or diabetes. (3) In the past years, coconut oil became so popular. It has longer shelf life than some other fats and it is even healthier than them.
The third one is dark chocolate. We want this recipe to stay as healthy as it can, so find chocolate with more than 85% cocoa. You have to taste that combination – creamy almond mixture inside covered with chocolate.
We don’t want to talk anymore and we can’t wait to share our recipe with you! Let’s get started!
Combine all ingredients for almond butter filling in a big bowl and stir until you get a creamy texture.
You will get six bars from this mixture. Try to make them in similar sizes just to keep the same nutritional value in every bar.
Put your bars mixture in a silicone mold and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a double boiler over low heat. Add in one tsp of coconut oil for easier covering and sweetener depending on the taste you would like to get.
Once the almond bars are set, press out from mold and line them on parchment paper. Make sure to cover all sides with melted chocolate.
Chill them in the freezer until the chocolate is hardened enough. Serve and enjoy. Store the remaining in the fridge for later use.
Keto Almond Butter Chocolate Bars
Almond butter filling
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup butter sliced
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp erythritol powdered
- 3/8 cup dark chocolate melted
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp erythritol powdered
- Combine almond butter, melted butter, coconut oil, almond flour and sweetener in a big bowl and stir until smooth.
- Distribute them in a silicone mold and then freeze in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate coating. In a bowl, combine melted chocolate, coconut oil and sweetener. Mix well.
- When the almond butter bars are ready, remove from the freezer, unmold and put them on parchment paper.
- Dip these almond bars in the prepared melted chocolate mixture one by one to cover all sides of the bars with chocolate then place them in the freezer again for 30 minutes to let it set.
- Once it’s ready, remove from the freezer and enjoy. Store the remaining in the fridge until next time you want to eat it.