Are you tired of constantly cooking keto meals at home? Do you want to enjoy eating a good, tasty low carb meal at a restaurant or a cafe? Have you been on a lookout for a good keto restaurant around Austin, TX that has low carb dishes to accommodate your diet?
We understand your struggle and we want to help! That is why we have selected the best keto restaurants in Austin where you can go and enjoy while still staying in ketosis!
Here’s our list:
A modern cafe and a health food eatery offering keto, gluten-free, paleo and vegetarian dishes.
Address: 4801 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78756, United States
- Sun – Thu from 7 am – 9 pm
- Fri – Sat from 7 am – 10 pm
Here are their keto-friendly options you can choose from:
- Harvest Hash (roasted sweet potato, brussels sprouts, spinach, grass-fed beef breakfast sausage, sage, currant, onion, apple, toasted pecan, chile flake, maple vinaigrette, poached egg). Ask for no potato.
- Eggs & Bacon (stone-ground corn tortilla, sugar-free bacon, eggs, raw cheddar, tomatillo salsa). Avoid the tortilla.
- Meatlovers (grass-fed beef breakfast sausage, eggs, pastured pork chorizo, stone-ground corn tortilla, sugar-free bacon, chipotle aioli). Avoid the tortilla.
- Smoked Salmon Toast (gluten-free bread, shallots, capers, organic cream cheese, smoked salmon, poached egg, cucumber, dill, ‘everything’ seasoning). Avoid the bread.
- Crispy Chicken Thighs (crispy chicken thighs, sauteed seasonal vegetables, wilted greens, sauteed broccolini)
- Pan-Seared Salmon (wilted greens, sustainable salmon, sauteed seasonal vegetables)
- Brussels & Bacon (Himalayan pink salt, brussels sprouts, crispy bacon)
- Rainbow Chopped Salad (apricot, broccolini, blueberries, currant, cucumber, radicchio, kale, romaine, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, apple). Ask to exclude the apple.
An easygoing eatery that offers Pan-Asian dishes and gluten-free and vegan options in a homey setting.
Address: 621 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78701, United States
- Sun – Fri from 11 am – 9:30 pm
- Saturday 1 pm – 9:30 pm
Here are their ketogenic options that you can try out:
- Garden Hand Roll (Korean radish, red cabbage, cucumber, avocado, red bell pepper and carrots). Wrapped in dried seaweed paper and dip in soy wasabi sauce or balsamic. Ask to exclude carrots. Available to add oysters, shiitake mushrooms or smoked salmon.
- Spicy Chicken (bite-sized cuts of tender chicken in a delicious spicy marinade served with steamed broccoli, rice and carrots). Ask to exclude rice and carrots.
- Teriyaki Chicken (tender boneless chicken marinated in homemade teriyaki sauce, served with your choice of steamed broccoli and carrots, and rice). Ask to exclude rice and carrots.
- Pan-Seared Ahi Tuna (pan-seared ahi tuna dusted with black pepper, sea salt, and sesame seeds). Served on a bed of red bell peppers and spring greens with a side of steamed rice and soy-wasabi dipping sauce. Ask to exclude rice.
- Miso Honey Glazed Mahi Mahi (thick cuts of mahi mahi, perfectly sautéed in a miso-honey glaze, dusted with ginger and black pepper and served with broccoli, spring greens, and a side of rice and a red onion relish). Avoid the rice.
- Garden Salad (red bell peppers, spring greens, carrots, red cabbage and avocados with sesame seeds in our own balsamic vinaigrette dressing). Ask to exclude carrots.
- Smoked Salmon Roll (smoked Salmon, organic baby greens, avocado, green cabbage, carrot and red cabbage in a thin tapioca wrap. Served with wasabi, soy sauce or hot red pepper sauce). Ask to exclude carrots.
An upscale eatery offering locally sourced New American foods and cocktails.
Address: 1201 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704, United States
- Mon – Thu from 11:30 am – 10 pm
- Friday from 11:30 am – 11 pm
- Saturday from 5 pm – 11 pm
- Sunday from 10:30 am – 10 pm
Here are their ketogenic dishes:
- Winter Vegetable Salad (with smoked chicken, pecan, wheat berries, chèvre, Meyer lemon vinaigrette). Ask to exclude the wheat berries.
- Wagyu Burger (with green chile pork jam, turnip relish, beer cheese, tostada). Ask for no tostada, ask for a lettuce wrap instead.
- Charred Green Onion Dip (with fresh winter vegetables and fried sourdough crumbs). Ask for no sourdough crumbs.
- Green Chile Smoked Fish Pimento (with rosemary crackers, mustard seed, cabbage). Avoid the crackers.
- Fried Oysters (with pig head gravy, slaw, mustard hot sauce)
- Fennel Rubbed Pork Chop (with braised cabbage, cauliflower, pine nut, raisin). Ask to exclude raisins.
A chic restaurant offering a mix of Mediterranian and Indian cuisine in a romantic, vintage setting.
Address: 1807 S 1st St, Austin, TX 78704, United States
- Tue – Sat from 5 pm – 10:30 pm
- Sunday from 5 pm – 9 pm
Listed below are their keto-friendly dishes you can try out:
- Citrus Kosho Triggerfish (with crab xo, cashew purée, and tempura greens)
- Whole Roasted Fish (with herb, Goan crab curry, and nuoc mam salad)
- Pork Shoulder (with badger flame beet mole and sautéed greens)
- Seared Pork Loin (with sautéed greens in adobo broth)
- Wild Boar Andouille-stuffed Quail (with herbs and pickles)
An eco restaurant offering seasonal, locally-coursed Southern dishes in a modern setting.
Address: 2708 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702, United States
- Sun – Thu from 5 pm – 10 pm
- Fri – Sat from 5 pm – 11 pm
Here are their keto-approved dishes that you can try out:
- Half-dozen East Coast Oysters (with smokey mignonette)
- Grilled Scarlett Turnip (with shiitake and apricot)
- Red Snapper (marinated in habanero oil with radish and tangerine)
- Winter Salad (with Bok choy, broccoli, parmesan and sunflower seeds)
- Beef Tartare (with radish kimchi and bone marrow and)
- Cabbage And Collard Roulade (with peanut and smoked pork)
- Steamed Halibut (with radicchio, beets, and xo sauce in buttermilk broth)
- Fried Chicken (with red chile, slaw and buttermilk dressing)
- FLAP STEAK (with burnt garlic, maitake, and veal blanquetteIth)
A restaurant with a stylish interior, offering small plates, beer and cocktails in a historic setting.
Address: 315 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701, United States
- Mon – Thu from 11 am – 10 pm
- Friday from 11 am – 11 pm
- Saturday from 5 pm – 11 pm
- Sunday from 10:30 am – 3 pm
Here are their ketogenic options you can choose from:
- Eggs Benedetto (with poached eggs, Calabrian chile hollandaise, prosciutto, English muffin). Avoid the English muffin. Served with salad.
- Green Eggs (with poached eggs, avocado, griddled tomato, herbed hollandaise). Served with salad.
- Shakshuka (with poached eggs, feta, crispy eggplant, harissa, piquillo pepper sauce, sourdough toast). Avoid the sourdough toast.
- Straight Plate (with 2 eggs your way, home fries or side salad, bacon or pork sausage). Choose the salad as a side dish.
- The Brunch Burger (with Akaushi beef patty, gruyere, caramelized onion aioli, bacon, griddled tomato, egg in a hole Texas toast). Ask to exclude the toast.
- Blistered Shishitos (with garrot a-Banyuls emulsion)
- Squid “Fries” (with charred lemon and roasted garlic aioli)
- Bowling Alley Burger (with ground Akaushi beef, griddled onion, melted fontina, B&B pickles, fancy special sauce, potato bun). Ask to exclude the potato bun.
- Granny’s Rad Salad (with radicchio, arugula, romaine, Granny Smith apple, TX chevre, toasted walnut, caramelized honey vinaigrette). Ask for no caramelized honey vinaigrette and apple.
- Steak Salad (with Korean BBQ flank steak, crispy shallots, spinach, kimchi rice croutons, galbi vinaigrette). Ask to exclude the kimchi rice croutons.
- Seoul Food (with grilled Gulf shrimp, bacon, Korean BBQ butter, kimchi grits, radish, fried soft boiled egg, cilantro)
A contemporary restaurant offering all-day dining in a New American style of cooking.
Address: 605 Davis St, Austin, TX 78701, United States
- Mon – Thu from 7 am – 2 pm; 5 pm – 10 pm
- Friday from 7 am – 2 pm; 5 pm – 11 pm
- Saturday from 8 am – 2 pm; 5:30 pm – 11 pm
- Sunday from 8 am – 2 pm; 5:30 pm – 10 pm
Here are their keto-approved dishes that you can choose from:
- Roasted beets (herbed labneh, pistachios, pickled mustard seed, oranges). Ask to exclude oranges.
- Grilled Texas Quail (coconut curry, chili oil, sautéed garlic spinach)
- Grilled Broccolini (yuzu cashew butter, crispy shallots, Thai basil)
- Grilled Short Rib (Thai papaya salad, garlic shoyu, herbs, peanut). Avoid the papaya salad.
- Half Roasted Chicken (crispy potatoes, salsa verde, cippolini onions). Avoid the potatoes.
- Garden Of Greens (herbs, radish, lemon herb vinaigrette)
- Crispy Fish Tacos (salsa verde, radish, roasted cabbage, cilantro). Ask for no tortilla(in a bowl).
- Smoked Pastrami Sandwich (pickled slaw, Russian Dressing, swiss, rye, fries or salad). Choose a salad.
- Pork and Grits (pork belly, fried egg, roasted mushroom, chili sauce)
- Steak and Eggs (Tenderloin, sweet potato fritter poached egg, coconut cream spinach, bacon vinaigrette). Ask for a regular poached egg (exclude the sweet potato fritter)
A restaurant in the InterContinental Hotel that offers wood-fired steaks and pork, handcrafted cocktails and drinks.
Address: 701 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701, United States and 110850 Stonelake Blvd, Austin, TX 78759, United States
- Mon – Thu from 11 am – 10 am
- Friday from 11 am – 11 pm
- Saturday from 4 pm – 11 pm
- Sunday from 4 pm – 9 pm
Here is the list of their keto-friendly dishes you can choose from:
- Iceberg Blt Salad (baby iceberg, bacon lardons, blue cheese, and green chili ranch dressing)
- Caesar Salad (chili pecan croutons, parmesan cheese, and traditional dressing). Avoid croutons.
- Mixed Market Greens (with feta cheese, candied walnuts, and cranberry vinaigrette dressing)
- Beef Tenderloin Salad (lightly marinated beef tenderloin, tomatoes, mixed greens, candied walnuts, apples and blue cheese, with white balsamic vinaigrette). Ask to exclude apples.
- The Roaring Fork “Big Ass” Burger (poblano pepper, onions, smoked peppered bacon, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, pickles, french fries). Ask for no fries and no bun.
- Spit-roasted Chicken Breast Sandwich (sliced tomato, spicy slaw, guacamole and french fries). Ask for no bread and no fries.
- A Variety of All Natural Black Angus Steaks
A modern restaurant offering French-American comfort food, but with an interesting twist in an airy space.
Address: 2307 Hancock Dr, Austin, TX 78756, United States
- Mon – Sat from 8 am – 9:30 pm
- Sunday from 10:30 am – 3 pm
Here are their ketogenic options you can try out:
- Fried Green Tomatoes (with piquillo puree, spicy pickles)
- Beef Tartare (with smoked aioli, radish, capers, onion, house chips). Avoid the chips.
- Caesar Salad (with white anchovy, parmigiano, brioche). Avoid the brioche.
- Farm Greens (with walnut dijon vinaigrette, dukkah, avocado)
- Duck Confit (with farm greens, shallot vinaigrette, Yukon golds)
- Fried Shrimp (with grilled spring onion, lettuce, tomato, remoulade and mayo)
- Porchetta (with fries, provolone, giardiniera, ham, aioli)
- Duck & Grits (with green onion, duck jus)
183 Grill Austin
A family-oriented restaurant offering grilled dishes from Greek and American cuisine.
Address: 13729 US-183, Austin, TX 78750, United States
- Tue – Fri from 11 am – 2:30 pm; 4 pm – 8:30 pm
- Saturday from 11 am – 8:30 pm
Here are their keto-friendly options that you can choose from:
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (hand-battered served with ranch)
- 183 Salad (fresh greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, cranberries, walnuts and gorgonzola cheese with balsamic vinaigrette). A choice to add any gyro meat.
- Greek Salad (mixed greens, feta, tomatoes, cucumbers, and kalamata olives). A choice to add any gyro meat.
- The 183 Burger (with cheese and grilled mushrooms). Ask for a lettuce wrap instead of a bun.
- Gyro Plate (gyro meat, dolmas, tzatziki sauce, and pita served with a fresh greek salad). Avoid the pita bread.
- House Salad (fresh greens, cucumbers. tomatoes and shredded mozzarella). A choice to add any gyro meat.
The list above shows you the best keto restaurants and cafes around Austin. Now that you know them, you don’t have to worry about where to go when you want to eat out and still stay on your ketogenic diet.
All that is left for you to do is just choose a place, grab a friend, order one of the suggested dishes and enjoy!