Sometimes when you are on the ketogenic diet, it might feel like you always need to cook and meal prep to make sure that you stay in ketosis and continue to enjoy weight loss and avoid health issues. But, eating out can also be an option, even if you are on the keto diet.
If you live in Connecticut and wonder “what are the best keto friendly restaurants near me?”, in this list below, we have all the best restaurants that offer low-carb and keto-friendly dishes in Connecticut CT.
- Low Carb Restaurants in Stamford
- Low Carb Restaurants in Bridgeport
- Low Carb Restaurants in Hartford
- Low Carb Restaurants in New Haven
- Low Carb Restaurants in Waterbury
Low Carb Restaurants in Stamford
Basso Restaurant & Wine Bar
A restaurant with a modern setting that is serving creative Mediterranean fare with an American spin.
Address: 124 New Canaan Ave, Norwalk, CT 06850, United States
Open Hours: Tue- Sun from 5 pm to 10 pm
Here are their low-carb dishes you can choose from:
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts (with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt)
- Roasted Olives (oven-roasted imported mix olives with extra virgin olive oil and laurel)
- Calamares A La Plancha (sauteed calamari on the griddle with olive oil, lightly crushed peppers, and garlic)
- Mushroom Coca (herbed goat cheese coca and wild mushroom)
- Artisanal Cheese And Prosciutto (chef’s selection of fine cheeses from around the world with prosciutto di parma & accompaniments)
- Mozzarella And Bacon (wrapped drizzled with mustard caramel vinaigrette and dried apricots) Ask to exclude the dried apricots and the sauce.
- Grilled Hanger Steak (free-range grass-fed hanger cut steak, grilled with “chimichurri ”)
- Grilled Rack Of Lamb (marinated grilled Australian rack of lamb au jus served with scallions mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans). Avoid the mashed potatoes.
- Alaskan Halibut (pan-seared wild-caught Alaskan halibut crusted with unripe plantain served over red cabbage agrodolce, avocado, and smoked chipotle aioli). Ask to exclude the plantain.
A casual and trendy restaurant that offers a great variety of build-it-yourself dishes.
Address: 148 Bedford St, Stamford, CT 06901, United States
Open Hours: Mon – Sun from 11 am to 9 pm
Here are some ideas for low-carb and ketogenic diet dishes:
- Salad (open-face over romaine lettuce) + Slow Roasted Turkey Breast + Avocado
- Grilled Chicken Breast + The Bacon Cheddar (with tomatoes, applewood bacon, chipotle remoulade, cheddar)
- Rosemary Dijon Pork Loin + The Mushrooms (sauteed mushrooms with caramelized onions, mayo, provole)
- Pulled Angus Beef + The Mushrooms (sauteed mushrooms with caramelized onions, mayo, provole)
- Grilled Chicken Breast + Grilled Vegetables + The Philly (with sauteed onions and cheddar cheese sauce)
An airy restaurant offering outdoor seating and sustainable seafood.
Address: 575 Riverside Ave, Westport, CT 06880, United States
Open Hours: Tue – Sat from 4:30 pm to 9 pm
Here are the low-carb dishes you can choose from:
- Deviled Eggs and Fried Oysters (with pickled onions)
- Lobster and Brioche (lobster with brown butter and yuzu jalapeño mayo). Avoid the brioche.
- Little Gem (sunflower seeds, lime creme, radish)
- Lefarm’s Roast Chicken (with tomato ragout, parmesan and summer squash)
- Norman’s Lobster Butter (with leeks, dill, toast, and potatoes). Avoid the potatoes and toast.
- Octopus (with olives, paprika, garlic aioli and potatoes). Avoid the potatoes.
Low Carb Restaurants in Bridgeport
Hub and Spoke
A tavern-like place offering small plates and American cuisine with a touch of global flavors in a cozy atmosphere.
Address: 3001 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06605, United States
- Wed – Fri from 4 pm to 9 pm
- Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 am to 9 pm
Here are their low-carb options you can order:
- Wings (Chipotle BBQ, buffalo)
- Calamari (with marinara)
- Roasted Brussels (with balsamic reduction, Lou’s way)
- Steak And Gorgonzola Salad (with frizzled onions mixed greens, grilled steak, and shallot vinaigrette )
- Spicy Shrimp And Avocado Salad (mix greens with lemon vinaigrette, red onion, and tomato tangerines)
- Cobb Salad (with grilled chicken, onion, tomato shallot vinaigrette, egg, bacon gorgonzola, avocado)
- Pulled Pork Sliders (with coleslaw and house-smoked pulled pork)
- Half Rack Baby Back Ribs (with coleslaw and house-made BBQ sauce)
- Flat Iron Steak (with frizzled onion and chimichurri)
- Monterey Chicken Wrap (with grilled chicken, avocado ranch dressing, jack cheese bacon, and onion)
- Fried Parmesan Asparagus (with Chipotle ranch dipping sauce)
- Eggs Benedict (2 poached eggs topped with Canadian bacon and a toasted house-made English muffin topped with hollandaise with a side of home fries). Ask to exclude the muffin and the fries.
A family-owned restaurant offering Portuguese dishes in a casual atmosphere.
Address: 1909 Main St, Bridgeport, CT 06604, United States
- Sun – Thu from 12 pm to 9 pm
- Fri – Sat from 12 pm to 11 pm
Here are their low-carb options you can choose from:
- Ameijoas a Espanhola (clams in red sauce with peppers and onions)
- Ameijoas Casinho (clams casino)
- Camarao Alinho (shrimp in garlic sauce)
- Lulas Fritas (fried calamari with tomato sauce)
- Passarinhos Fritos (quails sautéed in garlic sauce)
- Chourica a Chefe (grilled Portuguese sausage)
- Cogumelos Recheados (mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat)
- Bacalhau a Narcisa (codfish with onions fried in olive oil served in a traditional Portuguese clay dish). Served with sliced fried potatoes. Ask to exclude them.
- Bacalhau Cozido (boiled and salted codfish). Served with boiled potatoes and vegetables. Ask to exclude the potatoes.
- Bacalhau Grelhado (grilled and salted codfish). Served with boiled potatoes and roasted peppers. Ask to exclude the boiled potatoes.
- Filetes a Portuguesa (fresh codfish filet, fried with scallops and shrimp). Served with rice and vegetables. Ask to exclude the rice.
- Lulas Grelhadas (grilled squid). Served with boiled potatoes and vegetables. Ask to exclude the potatoes.
- Filet Mignon Flambe (filet mignon flambé). Served with roasted potatoes and vegetables. Ask to exclude the potatoes.
- Filet Mignon a Floresta (filet mignon, sautéed in a mushroom sauce with cheese and prosciutto). Served with roasted potatoes, rice and vegetables. Ask for no rice or potatoes.
Low Carb Restaurants in Hartford
An airy and roomy restaurant with Chinese dishes in a welcoming atmosphere for over 30 years.
Address: 831 Farmington Ave, West Hartford, CT 06119, United States
- Sun – Thu from 11:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Fri -Sat from 11:30 am to 9:30 pm
Here are the low-carb, keto friendly options you can choose from:
- Shumai Sampler (2 shrimp, 2 chicken, 2 pork)
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Teriyaki Beef
- Boneless Spare Ribs
- Bar-B-Q Spare Ribs
- Sliced Pork with Vegetables
- Sliced Chicken with Broccoli
- Sliced Chicken with Garlic Sauce
- Shrimp with Mixed Vegetables (steamed and served with sauce on the side)
- Seafood with Mixed Vegetables (steamed and served with sauce on the side)
- Subgum Wonton Soup (shrimp, pork, chicken, and vegetables)
- Butterfly Shrimp (pan-fried shrimp wrapped in bacon, with mixed vegetables in a brown sauce with crushed peanuts on top). Ask to exclude peanuts.
- Crispy Shrimp With Walnuts (sautéed crispy jumbo shrimp with mixed vegetables in brown sauce with honey walnuts on top). Ask to exclude the walnuts.
- Sizzling Three Delicacies (with fresh jumbo shrimp, scallops and tender sliced beef sautéed with mixed vegetables in their special brown sauce). Served in a sizzling platter.
- Hunan Duck (boneless duck breast, sliced over Chinese mixed vegetables in Hunan sauce)
- Happy Family (sliced white meat pork, chicken, and fresh jumbo shrimp with Chinese mixed vegetables in a spicy brown sauce)
- Hawaii Five “O” (jumbo shrimp, lobster, chicken, and beef with mixed vegetables sautéed in their brown sauce)
This is a contemporary, innovative, and cool italian restaurant eclectic menu in a modern and warm space.
Address: 150 Trumbull St, Hartford, CT 06103, United States
- Mon – Wed from 11:30 am to 9 pm
- Thu and Fri from 11:30 am to 10 pm
- Saturday from 3 pm to 10 pm
Here are their low-carb, ketogenic diet options you can choose from:
- Royal Thai Chicken Wings (with garlic, jalapenos, sweet chili sauce)
- Grilled Filet Mignon (truffled “tater tots”, frisee, stilton blue cheese fondue). Ask to exclude the tater tots.
- Summer Vegetable Salad (Breakfast radishes, salad greens, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, lemon vinaigrette). Ask to exclude the baby carrots.
- Black Jack Burger (cajun spice, avocado, jalapeno jack cheese). Ask for no bread.
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap (crispy chicken, blue cheese dressing, cheddar, bacon, iceberg kettle chips). Ask to exclude the kettle chips.
- Grilled Marinated Hanger Steak (shiitake mushrooms, broccolini, soy caramel sauce, french fries). Ask to exclude the french fries.
- Herb-cured Brick Pressed Chicken (sauteed seasonal vegetables, lemon garlic sauce, garlic whipped potatoes)
Low Carb Restaurants in New Haven
ZINC New Haven
A sleek and chic restaurant offering New American cuisine with a slight Asian influence.
Address: 964 Chapel St, New Haven, CT 06510, United States
- Tue – Fri from 12 to 2:30 pm and 5 pm to 9 pm
- Saturday from 5 pm to 10 pm
- Monday from 5 pm to 9 pm
Here are the low-carb options you can choose from:
- Organic Greens (with caramelized onions, pepitas, dry jack cheese, white balsamic vinaigrette).
- Charred Vietnamese Chicken (with charred cabbage, nuoc cham, grapefruit, cucumber, lime). Ask to exclude grapefruit.
- Paella (with shrimp, mussels, sofrito, squash, zucchini, goat cheese)
- Pan-Roasted Salmon (with arugula, mint, roasted plums, pickled onion, sherry vinaigrette). Ask to exclude the plums
- Kung Pao Cauliflower (with peanuts and lime). Ask to exclude peanuts.
A cozy breakfast and lunch place that offers globally influenced American cuisine in a cheerful atmosphere.
Address: 896 Whalley Ave, New Haven, CT 06515, United States
Open Hours: Tur – Sun from 8 am to 3 pm
In the list below are their ketogenic diet, low-carb dishes you can order:
- Philly Cheese Steak Omelet (steak sliced thin with fried onions, Monterey Jack cheese, and fire-roasted peppers)
- Bayou Omelete (spicy Andouille sausage, oven-dried tomato, peppers, onions, grilled shrimp and cheddar cheese)
- Wild Mushroom Omelet (crimini, shiitake and oyster mushrooms with sauteed spinach, sun-dried tomato, and goat cheese)
- Fresh Omelet (feta cheese, sauteed baby spinach, and sun-dried tomato)
- Palermo Omelet (peppers, onions, spicy Italian sausage, and Asiago cheese with an Arrabiata sauce)
- Pastrami Ruben (fried onions, kraut, pastrami, and gruyere cheese topped with coleslaw and spicy mustard, potato salad). Ask to exclude the potato salad.
- Grilled Chicken Breast (with fire-roasted peppers, mozzarella cheese and Arugula on Ciabatta). Avoid the ciabatta.
- Grilled Tuscan ( summer squash, fire-roasted peppers, grilled portabellas, Arugula, caramelized onions, and eggplant on Rosemary Olive Oil focaccia). Avoid the focaccia.
Shell & Bones Oyster Bar & Grill
A seafront eatery offering seafood, steaks, and beautiful views.
Address: 100 S Water St, New Haven, CT 06519, United States
- Sun – Thur from 12 pm to 9 pm
- Fri – Sat from 12 pm to 11 pm
Here are their low-carb, keto friendly options you can choose from:
- Oysters: Atlantic & Pacific (daily selection of the freshest available, served with cocktail sauce, horseradish, house mignonette)
- Shrimp Cocktail (gulf white shrimp with their signature cocktail sauce)
- Harbor Sampler (ceviche, 3 oysters, and 3 clams 2 shrimp, cocktail sauce, mignonette)
- Scallop & Shrimp Ceviche (citrus-marinated scallops and Gulf shrimp with cilantro, tomato, and a touch of chipotle)
- LITTLENECK CLAMS (on the half shell with cocktail sauce or mignonette)
- TOWER OF SHELLS (North Atlantic lobster, oysters, clams, lump crab, shrimp, ceviche, Crudo, cocktail sauce and mignonette)
- ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AL PASTOR TACOS (achiote and pineapple marinated cauliflower, cumin-lime crema, lettuce, pico de gallo, avocado sauce, organic corn tortilla). Ask to exclude the corn tortilla.
- BAJA STYLE FISH TACOS (green cabbage, tomatillo, Baja sauce, crema, pico de gallo, organic corn tortillas). Ask to exclude the corn tortillas.
- SHELL & BONES BENEDICT (short rib, home fries, choron). Ask to exclude the home fries.
- OMELETTE (caramelized onions, spinach, feta, mushrooms)
- STEAK AND EGGS (Boston steak, two eggs, home fries). Ask to exclude the home fries.
Low Carb Restaurants in Waterbury
Sultan’s Turkish Restaurant
A restaurant with a casual atmosphere that offers classic Turkish dishes.
Address: 586 Plank Rd, Waterbury, CT 06705, United States
- Sun – Thu from 11 am to 10 pm
- Friday and Saturday from 11 am to 11 pm
In the list below are their low-carb, keto friendly options you can choose from:
- Soslu Patlican (Sauced Eggplant) (a mixture of fried eggplant cubes, green and red peppers and garlic topped with the chef’s special tomato sauce)
- Antep Ezme (Muhammara) (a blend of tomatoes, red bell peppers, parsley, garlic, hot long green peppers, walnuts and pepper paste)
- Cacik (mint, cucumbers, dill and garlic in yogurt)
- Izgara Kalamar (Grilled Calamari) (pan-seared, grilled calamari, with red and green
- bell peppers, garnished with garlic and seasonings)
- Doner (thin slices of seasoned lamb and beef slow-cooked on a large vertical spit)
- Chicken Adana (ground chicken seasoned with red bell peppers, grilled to perfection and skewered)
- Chicken Shish (tender cubes of chicken breast, marinated and grilled on skewers)
- Chicken Adana (ground chicken seasoned with red bell peppers, skewered and grilled to perfection)
- Chicken Shish (tender cubes of chicken breast marinated and grilled on skewers)
- Shrimp Shish (jumbo shrimps marinated with chef’s special sauce and then grilled on skewers). Served with a green salad, white, and bulgur rice. Ask to exclude the rice.
A restaurant offering Japanese cuisine in a welcoming atmosphere.
Address: 1480 Meriden Rd # 4, Waterbury, CT 06705, United States
- Mon – Thu from 11 am to 3 pm and 5 pm to 10 pm
- Fri – Sat from 11 am to 3 pm and 5 pm to 10:30 pm
- Sunday from 11 and 3 pm and 4:30 pm to 9 pm
Here are the low-carb, ketogenic diet options you can choose from:
- Hungry Roll (masago, spicy tuna, deep-fried seaweed around with eel sauce)
- Hot Night Roll (shrimp tempura, cucumber, masago, spicy tuna on top with eel sauce)
- Singo Roll (avocado, crabmeat whole roll deep fried with eel sauce)
- Mohegan Sun (shrimp, crab rolled with salmon and pepper with dynamite sauce)
- Eel Special Roll (freshwater eel on top of California roll with eel sauce)
- Caterpillar Roll (freshwater eel, avocado, cucumber, with eel sauce)
- Baked Salmon Roll (YamaGobo, salmon, cream cheese, avocado with Dynamite Sauce)
- Philadelphia Roll (avocado, asparagus, cream cheese inside and salmon on top)
- California Special Roll (cucumber, crab and 4 kinds of fish inside)
- Alaska Roll (smoked salmon, crabmeat, asparagus, and avocado)
- Boston Roll (salmon, green onion, asparagus, avocado, and masago)
- B.B.Q. Short Rib with Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura (marinated short ribs served with salad and rice). Ask to exclude rice.
Now that you know all the low-carb, keto friendly options in the best low-carb restaurants in Connecticut, all that is left for you to do is try them out! Grab a friend and visit them or order for delivery and enjoy a tasty keto dish.
If you want to know how to order keto-friendly fast food, don’t forget to read our keto fast food guide.
Featured image by sepavone/depositphotos