Even on a keto diet, you want to be able to access restaurants and cafes in Sydney, New South Wales state that offers low-carb meals, the same way you would sit and order a non-diet meal. Sydney is a relatively big city, and more food outlets both inside and outside the city are customizing their menus to fit the keto diet.
If you are wondering where you would get a keto-friendly meal, then below are some of the places in Sydney where you can find low-carb meals:
Hale and Hearty
Hale and Hearty offer meals throughout the day starting from breakfast in the morning, lunch in the afternoon and finally dinner in the evening. The restaurant is a great step to eating out healthily as their dishes are easy to manipulate if your aim is low carb intake. This restaurant really caters to their low carb customers.
Address: Shop 9 Danks Street, Waterloo, Sydney 2000
- Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
As per the menu, some of the keto meals available include the following;
- Keto bowl- ingredients; walnuts, bacon, baby cucumber, avocado, goat cheese, poached eggs, mushrooms, cauliflower rice and roquette.
- Grilled salmon bowl-ingredients; pickled ginger, avocado, edamame, baby quakes, grilled Atlantic salmon with no bones, partially steamed kale and quinoa. Order the meal without the quinoa to ensure it is low carb or ask for cauliflower rice.
- Turmeric chicken salad- Ingredients; grilled chicken breast without bones, turmeric-infused aioli dressing, grass fed butter, almonds, roquette, chargrilled corn, and roquette. Order the meal without including the chargrilled corn to make it a keto-friendly.
- Egg benedict- ingredients; two poached eggs, wilted spinach, smoked salmon, bacon, sourdough, and hollandaise sauce. Omitting the sourdough will make the meal a perfect keto-friendly meal.
The place serves and prepares meals in a Lebanese style with a specialty in chicken-based meals. Apart from the place being a great place to enjoy your heart chicken meal full of middle eastern flavours, you can enjoy your delicious meals as a group of business associates or a group of family members.
Address: 4/8 South St, Granville NSW 2142, Australia
- Monday to Saturday 10 am-12 am
- Sunday 10 am-11 pm
The menu has a lot of chicken and lunch dishes and their well-known garlic sauce. Here are some of the free range dishes you can enjoy as long as you hold the bread and wraps.
- Chicken roll- Ingredients; garlic, lettuce, tomatoes, chicken and pickle
- Tawouk roll- Ingredients; pickles Marinated chicken breast, coleslaw and, garlic
- Kafta roll- Ingredients; Minced lamb, parsley, tomatoes, and green pickles
- Lamhe Roll lamb-ingredients; parsley, lamb cubes, green pickle, onion, red pickle, and tomatoes.
- Soujouk Roll spicy mince- lettuce, middle easter minced spicy lamb, green pickle, and tomatoes.
- Shawarma roll beef- ingredients; marinated shredded beef, tahini, tomatoes, red pickles, parsley, and green pickles.
- Shawarma platter- ingredients; parsley, tomato, marinated beef, pickles, tahini, onions, tomato salsa and bread. To make it keto-friendly serve without the bread.
This is a restaurant that offers German meals and is designed to offer an outdoor feeling and an ever changing seasonal menu. In addition to their amazing dishes filled with nutritional goodness, you can also enjoy takeaway services.
Address: World Square, Level 1/644 George St, Sydney NSW 2000
Open hours: Monday to Sunday 11 am-10 pm
The list of low carb meals on their menu is long, and here are some of them:
- Parmigiana- Ingredients; Double smoked ham, tomato sauce, crumbled chicken, and mozzarella. Skip the tomato sauce.
- Pepper and garlic kielbasa-ingredients; smoked pork, black pepper, and spice
- Chicken cacciatore-ingredients; oregano, sun-dried tomatoes, and mozzarella
- Giant thüringer-ingredients beef, pork, garlic marjoram spices
- Cheese Kransky- Ingredients; smoked beef and pork, spicy paprika and swiss cheese.
- Über-schnitzel- ingredients; Semi-dried tomatoes, parmesan, crumbed chicken, and rocket.
- Jägerschnitzel- Ingredients; chicken, wild mushroom and broccoli.
- Summer schnitzel- Ingredients; pickled onions, crumbed chicken, fleischsalat, parmesan, grilled gem, and citrus dressing.
- Spicy squid- Ingredients; lime aioli, garlic, and chill
- Frankfurter- Ingredients; beef that is wood smoked and pork
- Cheese Kransky- ingredients; spicy paprika, smoked beef, swiss cheese, and smoked pork
Renowned for its organic take on meals and always being health-oriented when it comes to preparation of food. Ruby’s diner loves offering traditional Aussie breakfast, breakfast salad and more!
Address: 1/173-179 Bronte Rd, Queens Park NSW 2022, Australia
- Monday to Friday 7 am-3 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 7 am-3:30 pm
The diner serves a wide range of drinks and fruit-based blends. Here are some of the low-carb meals to choose from their menu.
- Breakfast blend- Ingredients; coconut flesh, vital greens, avocado, cinnamon, coconut water, and spinach.
- Green Bibimbap- Ingredients; avocado, broccolini, soft boiled egg, and mixed sprouts, and cucumber pickle. Served with brown rice pilaf and optional chicken. Skip the brown rice and choose the tamari or grilled miso chicken.
- Raw breakfast salad- Ingredients; almonds, kale broccoli, avocado, and mixed herbs. Served with poached eggs, and soft feta.
- Raw chia-oat bircher- ingredients; roasted almonds, berries, cocoa nibs, and nut milk
Health Freak Cafe
Just as the name suggests, Health Freak Cafe is looking for ways to make the people they serve healthy. It is a vegetarian restaurant but as a keto warrior, they offer a couple of free range options you can choose from.
Address: Shop 3347 Macquarie Centre Herring & Waterloo Rd, North Ryde NSW 2113
- Monday to Saturday 8 am- 5 pm
- Sundays 8:30 am- 5pm
The menu is well segmented and you can enjoy a wide range of gluten free food combinations that include the following.
- Keto waffle egg benedict- Ingredients; cheese waffle, hollandaise, poached egg, and chives.
- Keto kale omelet – Ingredients; roasted capsicum, mushroom, tomatoes, coriander, kale, and eggs.
- Keto breakfast sausage guac stack- Ingredients; beef patty, smashed avocado, egg, and coriander.
- Keto Mexican chorizo hash- ingredients; fresh coriander, fried egg, diced avocado, baby spinach, and grilled chorizo sausage
The Preach Cafe is one of the few cafes that offer keto in the Bondi region. It prides itself for having a great interior decor that aligns with the food served.
Address: Shop 1/112-116 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach NSW 2026
Open hours: Monday to Sunday 7 am- 4 pm
Below are some of their low-carb meals:
- Green breakfast bowl- ingredients; garlic, poached eggs, spinach, avocado, kale, mint, quinoa, and halloumi. Avoid the quinoa to make the dish low carb.
- Chilli Eggs – grilled halloumi, avocado, tomato chili salsa, poached eggs, spinach, and sourdough. Order the meal without the sourdough.
- Omelette, you have an option to create your own -ingredients; goat cheese, mushroom, capsicum, olives, kale, tomato, red onion, and baby spinach
- Bondi feast – ingredients; heirloom tomatoes, cured salmon, avocado, crispy maple bacon, poached eggs, shaved pastrami, and sourdough. When ordering, avoid the sourdough.
The restaurant has an authentic Thailand feel, from the food to the decor. It cuts the list for top restaurants to try out in Sydney for a friendly atmosphere and spectacular food.
Address:1-3 Hamilton Rd, Fairfield NSW 2165, Australia
- Monday 12–3 pm 5:30–10 pm
- Tuesday 12–3 pm 5:30–10 pm
- Wednesday 12–3 pm 5:30–10 pm
- Thursday 12–3 pm 5:30–10 pm
- Friday 12–3pm 5:30–11pm
- Saturday 12–3pm 5:30–11pm
- Sunday 12–3 pm 5:30–9 pm
Based on their menu, some low-carb and ketogenic meals you can have are:
- Tiger beef salad- ingredients; bbq beef sliced thinly, coriander, lemongrass, herbs, red onions, chili, and mint leaves
- Salt and pepper calamari – ingredients; fried salted squid, chili sauce, chili, pepper, and some special sauce.
- Soft Shell crab- Ingredients; battered soft shell crab, pepper, chili sauce, and special sauce.
- Charcoal bbq ox tongue – ingredients; charcoal-grilled marinated ox tongue and special sauce.
Inferno Grill is one of the best places you can get a burger at a fair price with several burgers to choose from. If you get hungry late at night and you do not want to cook, it is a great option for a late snack.
Address: Shop 3/944 Anzac Parade, Maroubra NSW 2035, Australia
- Monday to Thursday 3 am-10 pm
- Friday to Sunday 11 am-10 pm
The menu is designed to cater for all members of the society, including the old and the young.
Here are some of the ketogenic and low-carb meals they offer.
- Honeybadger- Grilled chicken, avocado, aged cheddar, coleslaw, bacon, and honey mustard mayo
- Portuguese- Grilled chicken, aioli, lettuce, bacon, and chili
- Boss hogg- Ingredients; double beef, pickles, relish, mozzarella, double bacon, and yak sauce.
- The clucking pig- ingredients; coleslaw, chicken, chili, bacon, and aioli
- The Mutley- Ingredients; chicken, cheddar, tomato relish, special mustard sauce, lettuce, and bacon.
- Ron Burgendy- Ingredients; avocado, lettuce, chicken, cheese, aioli, chili, and tomatoes.
Divine eating is the best route to follow, and Keto is one of these routes. The Keto diet is gaining a large following because of the health benefits it has. And as time goes by it is one of the most sought-after diets.
In the city of Sydney, keto-friendly eateries have been mushrooming in the past few years, and old restaurants have revised their original menu to include the Keto diet. The above-listed restaurants, cafes, and diner offer great and tasty meals that are Keto friendly in Sydney Australia. Take your time and visit one today.
Up Next: Best Restaurants, Cafes and Takeaways in Melbourne That Offer Low Carb Dishes