Are you looking for restaurants, bakeries, and cafes around Melbourne, Victoria state that offer low-carb dishes? Wouldn’t it be great to just have keto-friendly options that you can order without cooking? Melbourne keto is possible!
Here’s a list of places near Melbourne CBD and surrounding suburbs you can go to keep it keto diet friendly when eating out:
The Burger Block
The Burger Block is an Asian fusion burger keto cafe with a variety of low carb refined sugar-free meals.
Address: 85 Willsmere Rd, Kew Vic 3101
- Monday – Friday 9:30am -3:30pm
- Saturday 9:30am – 3pm
- Closed on Sunday and public holidays
Based on their menu, some low-carb and ketogenic meals you can have are:
- Red Lantern burger; ingredients include lettuce, Spanish onions, beef patty, tomato, American cheese, bacon, and wasabi mayo/hot chili mayo.
- Chocka Block burger; bacon, beef patty, lettuce, American cheese, Spanish onions, BB’S Secret fusion sauce, and tomato.
- Teriyaki Chicken burger; ingredients include Spanish onions, Asian-Infused skinless grilled chicken breast, American cheese, tomato, lettuce, and teriyaki sauce & mayo.
- Yellow Block Road burger; ingredients include fried egg, chicken schnitzel, bacon, lettuce, American cheese, Spanish onions, tomato & mayo.
- Tempura Fish burger; ingredients include Fried Tempura Hake fillet, tomato, American cheese, lettuce, tartare sauce, and mayo.
- The Veggie Patch burger; fried veggie patty made of carrot potato, corn, onion, and peas, tomato, American cheese, lettuce, Thai sweet chili, beetroot, and mayo.
- Keto Beef Lasagne; ingredients include beef mince, coconut flour, basil, cheese, onion, cream, olive oil, ricotta, egg, tomatoes, salt, and xantham gum.
- Pepperoni Pizza; ingredients include pepperoni, almond flour, cheese, tomatoes, eggs, basil, garlic, cream cheese, yeast, and garlic powder.
Low Carb Gourmet
Low carb gourmet focuses on people interested in a Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) lifestyle. It is essentially a keto cafe where those following the keto lifestyle can quickly and easily find something keto friendly to eat! Also, most of the foods that are offered here are made of homemade products that are both free-range, gluten free and natural.
Address: 44 Empress Rd, Surrey Hills VIC 3127, Australia
Open Hours: Monday to Thursday 9 am -5 pm, Closed Friday to Sunday
Low-carb friendly meals you can order are:
- Alfredo sauce with zoodles
- Bacon & halloumi bites
- Blueberry friand
- Butter chicken
- Cauli pilau
- Cauliflower rice
- Cheese and bacon frittata
- Chicken salad
- Lamb kofta with minted yogurt
- Massam curry
- Thai red/green curry with chicken
- Vanilla cakes
- Zucchini and beef lasagne
Riddik has different delicious low carb meals to choose from, and the cafe also caters for events.
Address: 1–3 The Mall, Templestowe Lower VIC 3107
Open Hours: Monday to Sunday 7 am -5 pm
Keto-friendly meals available are:
- Sticky BBQ Pork Rib with grilled sourdough, fried eggs with pico de gallo, and twice-baked beans.
- Fresh Salmon Poke bowl with cucumber, wakame, noodles, avocado, pickled carrots, and soybeans.
- Classic Chicken Caesar; ingredients include grilled chicken topped with panko-crumbed poached egg & brioche croutons and crispy prosciutto.
- Salt and Pepper Calamari Salad with chimichurri salsa, rocket, aioli, coriander, and fresh lime.
- Beef fajitas; ingredients include spiced seared beef, chimichurri, sour cream, guacamole, sauteed capsicum & onions, shredded cheese, brown rice, and 3 toasted tortillas.
Herbs & Beans
Herbs and Beans advocates for a healthy lifestyle with plenty of low carb meals with high fiber, moderate protein, and good fats. Their keto recipes also include a weightloss challenge and specialty coffee and a low carb count.
Address: Healeys Lane, Shop 6 / 551 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne
Open Hours: Monday to Friday 7 am -3.30 pm
Some low-carb and ketogenic meals you can have are:
- Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice; ingredients include cauliflower fried rice, seasonal vegetable, chicken, homemade garlic, and basil Thai sauce.
- Chicken Wrap; ingredients include cucumber, grilled chicken, mixed lettuce, tomato, homemade mayo, and tasty cheese and low carb bread.
- Chef’s Signature Pork Belly; ingredients include pork belly, stir-fried capsicum, broccoli, cauliflower with mixed seeds and apple cider beetroot puree.
- Seafood Cauliflower Fried Rice; ingredients include signature cauliflower fried rice, homemade garlic, seafood seasonal vegetable, and basil Thai sauce.
- Delicious Cured Meat Platters
Stalactites is a renowned Greek restaurant dating back to more than 40 years ago. In addition to low carb meals and dinners, the restaurant also caters for functions, from parties to celebrations, tour groups, and school groups. Order a Greek salad on the side!
Address: 177 – 183 Lonsdale St Melbourne, VIC 3000
Open Hours: Everyday 24hours
Some low-carb and keto options you can order are:
- Vegan Souvlaki; ingredients include salad wrap with homemade hommus, tomato, hot seasoned chips, cucumber in a warm vegan gluten-free pita, lettuce and carrot.
- Quails marinated in Greek spices, oregano, and white wine then chargrilled.
- Spaghetti Kokinisto; ingredients include beef casserole in a tomato-based sauce and spaghetti.
- Lamb Cutlets, chargrilled and chips and Greek salad.
- Grilled Herbed Snapper
- Homemade bean soup; ingredients include haricot beans, vegetables, and tomato soup.
- Grass-fed T-bone steak
- Homemade Moussaka; ingredients include potatoes, eggplant, minced beef, and bechamel cream sauce.
Grill’d is a top-rated restaurant that makes burgers from free-range products. Their menu includes delicious options for low carb and keto burgers for those who prefer a low carb high fat kind of diet.
Address: 157 Chapel St, WINDSOR, VIC, 3181
Open Hours: Monday to Sunday 11 am -10.30 pm
Based on their menu, some low-carb and ketogenic meals you can have are:
- The Mighty burger; ingredients include crispy bacon, grass-fed lean beef, beetroot, tasty cheese, relish, free-range egg, and herbed mayo.
- Chilli Addict burger; ingredients include grass-fed lean beef, cos lettuce, roasted peppers, Spanish onions, sour cream, jalapenos, tasty cheese, and chili relish.
- Hot Bird burger; ingredients include chicken breast, sour cream, cos lettuce, roasted peppers, Spanish onion, tasty cheese, and chili relish.
- Sweet Chili Chicken burger; ingredients include chicken breast, salad, beetroot, relish, shredded carrot, and sweet chili mayo.
- Sir Truffle burger; ingredients include aged cheddar, premium wagyu patty, cos lettuce, truffle mayo, and fresh basil.
- Nick the Greek burger; ingredients include grass-fed lean lamb, beetroot, feta, red pepper pesto, and salad.
- Superpower salad; ingredients include grilled chicken breast, carrot, Spanish onion, beetroot, cos lettuce, fresh basil, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cherry nut mix, and extra virgin olive oil dressing.
- Chicken Caesar salad; ingredients include free-range egg, grilled chicken breast, cos lettuce, crispy bacon, croutons, shaved parmesan, and caesar dressing.
San Telmo is an Argentinian restaurant known for amazing steak and nutritious keto meals also borrowed from some of the best South American dishes.
Address: 14 Meyers Place Melbourne
Open Hours: Monday to Sunday 12noon – 11 pm
Here are the low-carb and ketogenic meals you can have:
- Plato de Picada; ingredients include cured meat, homemade pickles, and chapa.
- Tira de Asado; premium pasture-fed beef short ribs.
- Ojo de bife; premium dry-aged beef eye
- Morcilla; spiced black sausage.
- Crudo; ingredients include kingfish, fennel, chive oil, and grapefruit.
- Sardina; ingredients include salsa provenzal and chargrilled sardines
- Pollo; ingredients include free range corn fed chicken, minced garlic
- Provoleta; ingredients include dried chili, fried provolone cheese, lemon, dried oregano, and pepper
Nosh is a Japanese-inspired cafe that offers wholesome low carb foods, simply made yet delicious.
Address: 352 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Monday to Friday: 10.30 am -9 pm
- Saturday 11 am -8 pm
- Sunday 12 noon -8 pm
Here are what you can have:
- Tempah Teri-san; ingredients include teriyaki braised soybean cakes, quinoa, lotus roots, tofu, and kale beetroot salad.
- Chicken teriyaki tease; ingredients include jasmine rice, seared teriyaki chicken, and vegetable mixed leaf medley.
- Eye of the Tiger; ingredients include tiger prawns, fragrant jasmine rice, lime sauce, tamarind, spinach sweet potato salad, garlic, and coriander.
- Wagyu-san; ingredients include roasted vegetables, seared Australian 9+ wagyu beef, mixed leaf medley, jasmine rice, and egg.
- Sashimi Lovin; ingredients include brown rice, fresh tuna sashimi cubes, charred broccoli salad, pumpkin, and shoyu sauce.
- Poke Party; ingredients include coconut turmeric rice, Tasmanian salmon sashimi cubes, spinach sweet potato salad, and creamy roasted sesame sauce.
- Peek-ing Duck; ingredients include spicy caramel duck, vegetable mixed leaf medley, cucumber, and soba noodles.
- Creamy Sesame Chicken Tacos
- Banging Honey BBQ Beef tacos
Gone are the days when dieting was unnecessarily expensive, finding a restaurant offering the keto diet was almost impossible, and it would sometimes be hard to keep up with the diet. Nowadays it is way much easier to find a decent restaurant with a couple of ketogenic diet meals on their menu at an affordable price.
Melbourne, being a big city has a number of great restaurants that offer keto dishes, and the best part is that they are spread out throughout the city so you are likely going to find one regardless of where you are. The above are some of the nice restaurants in Melbourne where you can eat delicious and wholesome keto food.