Are you looking for a restaurant or a cafe around Los Angeles that will accomodate to your ketogenic diet? Are you tired of looking for hours for suitable places to enjoy good food?
Well, below we have done that for you, so you don’t have to! Here are the 16 best keto-friendly restaurants in Los Angeles that will have you burning fat for days:
APL Restaurant/APL BBQ
A sophisticated steakhouse with a rich menu to enjoy in a warm atmosphere.
Address:1680 Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028, United States
- Tue to Fri from 11:30AM to 3PM; 05:30PM to 11PM
- Sun from 4:30PM to 10PM
- Mon from 5:30PM to 11PM
Based on their menu, several dishes are keto-friendly. Here is a list you can choose from:
- Ora King Salmon Crudo (with yuzu, cucumber, avocado)
- Iceberg (with blue Danish, bacon)
- Pan-Roasted Salmon (with pickled radish, cauliflower puree, red beet gastrique). Ask to exclude the red beet gastrique.
- Thick Cut Pork Chop (with pickled pepper relish)
- Broccoli di Ciccio (with Parmesan, chili oil, bagna cauda)
- Brown Butter Mushrooms (with beef tendon, hedgehog, fondue, shiitake)
- Short Ribbed Steak
- Filet Mignon
A family-owned restaurant with organic and locally sourced foods offering tasty and creative dishes.
Address: 3823 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026, United States
- Tue to Sat from 11:30AM to 3PM/ 05:0PM to 09:30PM
Here are some keto diet dishes from their menu:
- Braised Beef Cheek & Shiitake Bowl
- Seared Salmon with pomegranate salsa
- Kale and Arugula Salad (with shallots, feta, lemon garlic vinaigrette, breadcrumbs). Ask to exclude breadcrumbs
- Organic Free Range Roasted Chicken
- Hanger Steak with chimichurri
A new American classic cuisine enjoyed in a broad and sophisticated space.
Address:222 S Hope St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, United States
- Brunch: Sat and Sun from 11:00am – 2:30PM
- Lunch: Tue and Fri form 11:30am – 2:30PM
- Snacks: Tue and Sun from 2:30PM – 5:30PM
- Dinner: Mon and Wed from 5:30PM – 9:00PM, Thu from 5:30PM – 10:00PM, Fri and Sat from 5:00PM – 11:00PM and Sunday from 5:00PM – 9:00PM
Listed below are some keto-friendly options from their menu:
- French Omelet (with sauce soubise, truffled goat cheese). Ask for no sauce.
- Quiche Lorraine (with applewood smoked bacon, field greens, bloomsdale spinach)
- Steak & Eggs: two fried eggs, grilled steak, sauce au Poivre. Make sure to exclude the sauce, as it might not be keto-friendly.
- Shrimp Tom Kha (with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber)
- Trece (with calabrian chilli, octopus, fennel, brown butter, onions)
- Hamachi (with avocado, nori, sweet & sour tomatoes)
A steakhouse that works with their family and local farmers to create seasonal and vibrant dishes.
Address: 8500 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90048, United States
- Mon to Fri from 11:30AM to 9PM
- Saturday from 11AM to 10PM
- Sunday from 11AM to 4PM
Here are the keto diet options at this restaurant:
- Steak & Wedge (with bacon, iceberg, blue cheese dressing)
- Farmhouse Chicken Salad (with bloom’s dale spinach, kale, apple, bacon). Ask to exclude the apple.
- Grilled Tri-TIp Steak (with balsamic grilled romaine & treviso, salsa verde)
- Grilled Chicken Steak (with herbs, grilled vegetables)
- Grilled Salmon (with charred lemon, herb sauce, sesame, kale slaw)
A modern, minimalistic and chic place offering seasonal and contemporary Californian and Mediterranean food food and wine.
Address:5722 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038, United States
- Mon to Fri from 12PM to 2PM; 6PM to 10PM
- Saturday from 6PM to 10PM
- Sunday from 6PM to 9PM
Here are some dishes from their menu that are low carb and keto:
- Charred Avocado (with kombucha vinaigrette, black garlic ash, pistachio, shaved vegetables)
- Kali Garden Green Salad (with herb crusted chicken breast, citrus, shaved vegetables)
- Local Sheepshead Fish (with girl & Doug tomatoes, seagrass, lemon verbena, cucumber)
- Duck Breast (with organic duck breast from Liberty farms, kabocha squash, mole, Chinese broccoli). Ask to exclude the kabocha squash.
- Dry Aged Ribeye (with trumpet mushroom, charred leeks)
A restaurant that allows you to make custom bowls with many options, which is amazing when you want to enjoy low carb keto-friendly dishes.
Address: 3300 Overland Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90034 and 7318 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood CA 90046
- Mon to Sun from 11AM to 9PM
Here are some dishes we recommend at TikiFish:
- Custom Poke Bowl 1 (mixed greens, salmon, white onion, citrus ponzu)
- Custom Poke Bowl 2 (baby kale, white shrimp, cilantro, tomatoes, garlic ginger ponzu)
- Custom Poke Bowl 3 (surimi crab salad, crispy garlic, red onions, spicy tuna, mixed greens
- Spicy Tiki Tuna (cucumbers, citrus ponzu, spicy tuna, shredded nori, sesame seeds)
- Tiki Classic Ceviche (citrus marinated rockfish, Pico de Gallo, lime juice)
The Smoke House Restaurant
A steakhouse with a warm and woody atmosphere that offers classic American dishes.
Address: 4420 Lakeside Dr, Burbank, CA 91505, United States
- Mon to Thu from 11:30AM to 10PM
- Fri and Sat from 11:30AM to 10:30PM
- Sun from 9AM to 2:45PM; 3:15PM to 8:30PM
Some keto-friendly dishes from their menu are:
- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail (with large shrimp, lemon, house-made cocktail sauce)
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms (with mushrooms, crab meat, bearnaise sauce – remember: healthy fats!)
- Bacon-Wrapped Scallops (with bacon, scallops, roasted red pepper sauce)
- The Wedge
Iceberg, crumbled bleu cheese, tomatoes, red onions, bacon, bleu cheese dressing
- Classic Cobb Salad (with chicken breast, tomato, bacon bits, avocado, egg, olives, crumbled bleu cheese, fresh mixed greens)
- Chopped Sirloin Steak (with char-grilled chopped tenderloin, onions, mushrooms)
- The Smoke House Prime Rib (slow roasted-rib with horseradish and au jus)
- Filet Mignon
- Porterhouse Steak
A minimalistic cafe with global-inspired breakfast and lunch food spiced with housemade sides.
Address:720 N Virgil Ave #4, Los Angeles, CA 90029, United States
- Mon to Fri from 6:30AM to 4PM
- Sat and Sun from 8AM to 4PM
A few things that are keto-friendly from their menu:
- The Olive Garden (garden of romaine with lacto-fermented onion, creamy Italian, prosciutto, castelvetrano olive, celery, midnight moon, herby breadcrumb. Add chicken for extra protein and ask to exclude the breadcrumbs)
- The Fritt-Omelette (eggs with herbs, mushrooms, roasted delicata squash)
- Daily Quiche (eggs served with shu greens)
- Jamon Pepin ( with house ham, mustard, beurre de baratte butter, comte)
A Spanish cuisine-inspired restaurant with a few keto options.
Address: 408 S Main St, Los Angeles, CA 90013, United States
- Sun to Fri from 11:30AM to 3PM; 5:30PM to 11PM
- Saturday from 11:30AM to 3PM; 5PM to 12PM
Their keto options are the following:
- Heirloom Tomatoes (with olives, feta, vinaigrette, za’atar)
- “Caesar” Brussel Sprouts (with anchovy, pecorino, garlic)
- Salted Cucumber and Avocado (with miso, marcona dukkah, radicchio, aged cheddar)
- Flat Iron Steak(with watercress, chimichurri, fennel)
A contemporary and artsy restaurant offering Japanese dishes. Almost their entire menu can be made keto friendly!
Address: 448 S Hill St, Los Angeles, CA 90013, United States
- Tue to Thu from 5PM to 11PM
- Friday from 5PM to 1:30AM
- Saturday from 4PM to 1AM
- Striped Bass Yozu (with celery heart, passion vinaigrette, ninja radish, red fresno)
- Albacore Warayaki (with hay smoked, citrus soy, myoga, shiso)
- Cold Ramen “Hiyashi Chuka” (mizuna, poached egg, eggplant king oyster mushrooms)
- Salmon Carpaccio (with ginger, kelp, myoga, cucumber, shiso, truffle amazu)
- Jidori Chicken Karaage (with yuzu tartar)
- Kurobuta Pork Belly (with spicy miso, Japanese eggplant)
- Tokyo Filet (with chili garlic, shoyu butter, mustard greens, tare bordelaise)
Spread Mediterranean Kitchen
A restaurant with a Mediterranean style cuisine, high quality ingredients and a cozy atmosphere.
Address: 334 S Main St, Los Angeles, CA 90013, United States
- Tue to Sat from 11:30AM to 3:30PM; 6PM to 10PM
- Monday from 11:30AM to 3PM
- Sunday from 11AM to 3:30PM
This restaurant gives you the option to make custom lunches which makes it amazingly easy to stay keto and low carb. Here are some of the keto options:
- Salad Greens + Grilled Chicken + Cheesy & Spicy Spread (lettuce mix with citrus dressing, antibiotic-free chicken with oregano, lemon and garlic, whipped feta-labneh spread, pickled red onion, harissa yogurt, spicy slaw)
- Salad Greens + Roasted Mushrooms + Mama’s Lamb Meatballs (lettuce mix with citrus dressing, mushroom medley with sumac and garlic, meatballs with herbs, spices and onions)
- Crispy Cauliflower ( with harissa aioli, greek yogurt)
A place with a Singaporean feel that serves Euro-accented Asian dishes.
Address: 523 W 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017, United States
- Mon to Sun from 10AM to 10PM
Here are a few keto-friendly options at this restaurant:
- Chilli Salted Baby Octopus (with onions, basil, mint, fried shallots, rau ram, nuoc mam cham)
- “Bo tai chanh” Lime Marinated Raw Beef (with onions, rau ram, mint, basil, fried shallots
- Pork, Shrimp, and Crab Dumplings (with peanuts, chives, spicy black vin dressing, spinach)
- Bo Kho (with oxtail, marrow, rib meat, baguette & butter, tendons). Aks for no baguette.
- “Ga Xao Xa Ot” Spicy Lemongrass Chicken (with dried Chilli and Garlic)
A restaurant with classic American dishes with a comfy atmosphere.
Address: 1760 Hillhurst Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027, United States
- Mon to Thu from 9AM to 10PM
- Fri and Sat from 8AM to 11PM
- Sunday from 8AM to 10PM
Listed below are some low carb keto-friendly dishes from this restaurant:
- California Omelette (with avocado, bacon, mushrooms, cheddar, side of sour cream and salsa verde, choice of toast). Exclude the toast.
- Healthy Scramble (with chicken breast, kale, zucchini, egg whites, sun-dried tomato, red onion, queso fresco, toasted ciabatta, scallions). Exclude the ciabatta from the dish.
- Blackened Ahi Tuna S (with signature local mixed greens, red onions, scallions, cherry tomatoes, Persian cucumber, roasted sesame seeds, peanut ginger dressing)
- Salmon (with signature local mixed greens, red onion, red cabbage, cherry tomatoes, persian cucumbers, balsamic vinaigrette)
A restaurant that gave fresh Californian twist to a classic Filipino style cooking.
Address: 727 N Broadway #120, Los Angeles, CA 90012, United States
- Tue to Fri from 5:30PM to 10PM
- Sat and Sun from 11AM to 3PM; 6PM to 10PM
Here is a list of keto-friendly foods to try at LASA:
- Caramelized Cauliflower (with cauliflower florets, chili crunch, palm vinegar)
- Roasted Pork Collar (with pork collar, kabocha coconut cream, bagoong vin, bok choy, mustard greens). Ask to exclude the kabocha.
- Lechon Kawali (twice cooked pork belly)
Nick + Stef’s Steakhouse
A modern and lux steakhouse serving classic dishes.
Address: 330 S Hope St, Los Angeles, CA 90071, United States
- Mon to Fri from 11:30AM to 9:30PM
- Saturday from 5PM to 9:30PM
- Sunday from 4:30PM to 8:30PM
Below are some of their ketogenic dishes you can choose from:
- Chicken Cobb (with gem lettuce, tomato, free-range chicken breast, avocado, egg, smoked bacon, maytag blue cheese, dijon vinaigrette)
- Iceberg Wedge (with baby iceberg, tomatoes, smoked bacon, heirloom radish, roasted garlic, pickled onions, maytag blue cheese vinaigrette)
- Dry-Aged Steak (with chopped kale, tomatoes, avocado, radish, cucumber, red onion, salsa verde, goat cheese)
- Grass-fed filet
- Petit Filet
- Free-range chicken
A restaurant that nurtures classic American cuisine.
Address:8826 Melrose Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90069, United States
- Every day from 5Pm to 12:30AM
Here are a few keto treats from this restaurant:
- Green Goddess (with tomato, creamy tarragon dressing, avocado)
- Classic Wedge (with chive, blue, tomato, cheese dressing & crumbles)
- Chicken Paillard (with parmesan, arugula, tomato)
- Chicken Parmigiana (with asiago & mozzarella cheese, marinara)
- Scallops (with tarragon truffle vinaigrette, cauliflower “risotto”)
- New York Steak (14 day dry-aged with sautéed broccol)i
As you can see, there are many restaurants in Los Angeles that you can eat at while on the ketogenic diet. With all the suggestions of the best keto-friendly restaurants around southern California, you can now simply choose a place and enjoy a delicious dish!