Who doesn’t enjoy having peanut butter straight from the jar? Yes, peanut butter always makes an appearance, it’s the go-to snack for many of us, so we decided to take this magical ingredient into another level.
In this recipe, peanut butter will be taking center stage to prepare those chewy, low in carbs, perfect snack. Every time you’re having a sugar craving, the no-bake peanut butter balls will come in handy, especially if you’re on a rush and there’s no time for a sophisticated dessert.
The key factor for the failure of whatever diet you want to follow, is deprivation. It kills your desire and motivation to push forward in no time. It’s really important not to deprive your cravings, but feed them!
These peanut butter bites are not only nutritionally dense, but the perfect pick-me-up energy bites. You can prepare bigger batches, store them in the refrigerator or even freeze them and enjoy whenever needed, no need to worry because they are made from shelf stable ingredients.
We recommend choosing a natural peanut butter, pre-sweetened ones are high in carbs and sugar. For the chocolate, make sure to choose a keto-friendly one, there are several brands in the market.
Sweeteners add stickiness so they play a key role to give the texture the right amount of softness and chewiness. We used erythritol, but you can also use monk fruit maple syrup that is also sugar free, keto-approved and low carb and it will work just fine.
So keto dieters, no hard time changing your eating habits anymore, prepare these bites loaded with good fat and Omegas and thank us later!
Prepare the ingredients.
Whisk peanut butter, cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla, heavy whipping cream in a bowl until homogeneous. Keep in refrigerator.
Melt the chocolate with coconut oil using the hot water bath or a pan.
Pour the chocolate in the mold holes, freeze or refrigerate until set.
Add the peanut butter cream cheese mixture inside each hole.
Use the remaining chocolate to cover the peanut butter bites.
Freeze or refrigerate until set, remove from the mold and enjoy!
Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, powdered erythritol, vanilla, heavy whipping cream and peanut butter. Use a hand whisk to beat vigorously until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Keep in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate and coconut oil in hot water bath or using a microwave. once done, mix gently until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Put the chocolate mixture in a piping or pastry bag.
- Place a small amount of chocolate in each hole of the mold. It is very important to use a deep mold to fill the chocolates easily. Make some gentle movements with the mold, rotate it so that each mold is covered with chocolate. Make sure all sides are covered with chocolate by moving them gently to the sides.
- Freeze or refrigerate until set approximately 20 min.
- With a teaspoon, distribute the cream cheese – peanut butter mixture inside the molds and cover with the remaining chocolate.
- Freeze or refrigerate until set (approximately 30 minutes).
- Unmold and enjoy. Store in the fridge for later use.