Have you got some vegetable leftovers, and you have no idea what to do with them? Let’s prepare a keto-friendly breakfast packed with health benefits in 10 minutes only.
By now, you know how much we like to incorporate cauliflower in our Ketoasap recipes, we have been using it in place of bread crusts, potatoes, rice, and even some meats. It is incredibly versatile and offers endless possibilities to what your palate desires.
We all know that vegetables are great for our health but what makes this crucifer special is its sulfur-containing compounds known as the glucosinolates. Glucosinolates are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatories, which help in cancer prevention and other major diseases. (1, 2, 3)
Spinach is one of the vegetables that are frequently overlooked, we at Ketoasap like to use it as much as possible in our recipes for its powerful health benefits. It is rich in MGDG and SQDG, which play an important role in slowing down cancer growth, especially prostate and breast cancer. (4, 5)
Are you ready to learn how to take advantage of those scraps you have in your fridge? Let’s start.
Use a food processor to achieve fine grains of cauliflower. Mix with melted butter in a bowl and set aside.
Fry the bacon on medium heat in a frying pan until it gets crispy and add it to the cauliflower.
Stir fry the spinach with the bacon fat for a minute then add it to the cauliflower and bacon.
Add the mozzarella cheese, chopped onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well and use your hand to shape it into patties.
Fry these patties on medium heat with oil for 2 minutes on each side. Serve and enjoy!
Keto Cauliflower Spinach Hash Browns
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until you get finely grains. Place the cauliflower in a bowl along with the butter and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Chop bacon and place it in a frying pan on medium heat. Cook until bacon turns brown and crispy. Add bacon to the bowl with the cauliflower.
- Place the spinach in the same frying pan and cook it with the bacon fat. Cook for about 1 minute and add spinach to the bowl with the cauliflower.
- Add the mozzarella cheese along with chopped onion, salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients in the bowl until they are well combined. Shape the mixture into patties with your hands.
- Add the oil to the frying pan on medium heat. Place the patties in the frying pan. Cook for about 2 minute each side and serve.