Have you been searching for a good, keto restaurant in Washington, DC that has low carb dishes? Have you had a hard time finding dishes in restaurants that you can eat and not break your ketosis?
We, at KetoASAP, understand your struggles and we are here to help! That’s why we have made a list that has all the best keto-friendly restaurants and cafes in Washington DC that have a variety of different and delicious low carb dishes!
And here they are:
A modern restaurant offering farm-to-table chicken, salads and sandwiches in a chic setting.
Address: 625 H St NE, Washington, DC 20002, United States
Open Hours: Mon – Sun from 11 am – 10 pm
Here are the keto-friendly dishes based on their menu:
- Avocado Basil (sliced avocado, pickled vegetables, kale pesto, snap peas, romaine, slivered almonds, basil). Choice to add chicken breast, thigh or tofu.
- Lemon Tzatziki (cucumber, pickled red onion, snap pea tzatziki, kalamata olives, peppadew peppers, arugula, fennel, pepitas). Choice to add chicken breast, thigh or tofu. Ask to exclude the snap peas.
- Chipotle Masala (chipotle masala sauce, cilantro, lemon, slivered almonds). Choice to add chicken breast, thigh or tofu.
- Barbecue Ranch (barbecue sauce, crispy shallots, buttermilk ranch, tarragon). Choice to add chicken breast, thigh or tofu.
- Spicy Roasted Fresno (Fresno pepper sauce, crispy shallots, pickled red onions, cilantro). Choice to add chicken breast, thigh or tofu.
- Cucumber Soy (sliced chicken thigh, chili lime cucumbers, pickled red onions, toasted sesame seeds, avocado, snap peas, romaine, kale, soy-cashew vinaigrette). Ask to exclude the snap peas.
- Chicken Salad (chicken salad, romaine, kale, tomatoes, pickled red onions, crispy chicken skin, honey mustard vinaigrette)
- Pulled Barbecue Chicken (super greens slaw, pulled barbecue chicken)
- Spicy Chicken Salad (chicken salad, Fresno pepper sauce, cilantro, grape tomatoes, pickled red onions, crispy chicken skin)
- Roasted Broccoli (black pepper, lemon)
- Chili Lime Cucumbers (fresno chili peppers, olive oil, lime juice)
- Greek Side Salad (cucumber, kalamata olives, feta, tomato, red onion, red wine vinaigrette)
- Kale & Avocado Salad (pepitas, pickled red onions, cilantro vinaigrette)
A hip restaurant and bar offering New American cuisine in a rustic setting.
Address: 709 D St NW, Washington, DC 20004, United States
- Sun – Thu from 11 am – 12 am
- Fri – Sat from 11 am – 1 am
Here are their ketogenic dishes that you can try out:
- Arugula Salad (Grana Padano, lemon vinaigrette)
- Roasted mushroom & Kale Salad (shallot, goat cheese, salsify, Pedro ximénez vinaigrette)
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad (chopped iceberg lettuce, radish, fries, pickled red onion, celery, honey hot sauce ranch). Avoid the fries.
- Smoked Pork shoulder (whipped pecorino, salsa verde, salsa Rosso, fennel, arugula, challah bun). Avoid the Challah bun.
- Hot Wagyu Pastrami Sub (island sauce, red cabbage slaw, swiss cheese)
- Porkstrami Sub (pastrami style pork, bacon braised sauerkraut, mustard aioli, sub roll). Avoid the sub roll.
- Coal Roasted White Stone Oysters (Pernod garlic butter, charred lemon, bread crumbs). Ask to exclude the bread crumbs.
- Griddled Artichokes (charred lemon, gremolata)
- Wild Mushrooms On Toast (horseradish cream, rustic sourdough, soft farm egg). Avoid the toast.
- Aviator Salad (romaine, garlic aioli, farro, giardiniera, Grana Padano)
- Earth & Eats Magical Beets (beef jerky, pistachios, stracciatella, crispy shallot)
- Red Apron Breakfast Charcuterie (bacon, tasso ham, smoked ham, breakfast sausage)
- Eggs Benedict (smoked pimento cheese, tigelles, hollandaise, spinach). Choice to add ham.
A unique restaurant designed around a tree, serving seasonal and local New American comfort food in a chic setting.
Address: 1310 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, United States
- Mon – Thu from 7 am – 10 am; 11:30 am – 2 pm; 5:30 pm -10 pm
- Friday from 7 am – 10 am; 11:30 am – 2 pm; 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- Saturday from 9 am – 2 pm; 5:30 pm – 10 pm
- Sunday from 9 am – 2 pm; 5:30 pm – 9 pm
Listed below are their keto-approved dishes that you can choose from:
- FireFly Breakfast (two eggs any style, choice of breakfast meat, home fries, toast). Avoid the home fries and toast.
- Firefly Cobb Salad (roasted chicken, bacon, radish, tomato, blue cheese, hard-boiled egg, herb-ranch dressing)
- Pulled Pork Hash (home fries, onions, peppers, eggs any style). Avoid the home fries.
- Omelet (green salad, triple-cream brie)
- Caesar Salad (little gem, parmesan, anchovy vinaigrette, breadcrumbs). Ask to exclude the breadcrumbs.
- Artisan Greens (local greens and cider vinaigrette)
- House Wedge (blue cheese, bacon, iceberg, cherry tomatoes, herbs)
- Crispy Chicken Wings (with bbq, buffalo or honey-lime)
- Crab Toast (lump crab, old bay, avocado)
- Baby Back Ribs (glazed with sweet and spicy BBQ sauce)
- Firecracker Shrimp (with sriracha aioli)
- Shishito Peppers (with fresh lemon, zesty aioli, fleur de sel)
- Roasted Half Chicken (swiss chard, farro, wild mushroom sauce)
- Atlantic Salmon (red pepper ragout, broccolini, smashed fingerling potatoes). Ask to exclude the smashed fingerling potatoes.
- Steak Frites (black Angus ribeye, béarnaise, truffle fries)
- Rigatoni Bolognese (garlic herb crostini, parmesan). Avoid the crostini.
- Roasted Cauliflower (romesco sauce, salsa verde, toasted almonds)
The Greek Spot
A casual spot for small traditional Greek plates served in a cozy setting.
Address: 2017 11th St NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
- Mon – Fri from 11 am – 10:30 pm
- Saturday from 12 pm – 10:30 pm
Here are their ketogenic dishes that you can choose from:
- Chicken Souvlaki Sticks (2 char-grilled chicken skewers, served with pita bread, tzatziki sauce, and a lemon wedge). Ask for no pita bread.
- Pork Souvlaki Sticks (2 char-grilled pork skewers, served with pita bread, tzatziki sauce, and a lemon wedge). Ask for no pita bread.
- Fried Calamari (topped with Greek Spot spices, served with tzatziki sauce, cocktail sauce and a lemon wedge).
- Grilled Salmon Light Fare (a large piece of salmon, topped with Greek herbs and spices, oven-baked and then grilled for a slight char)
- 1/2 Athenian Chicken Platter (chicken and potatoes marinated with herbs, lemon and spices, oven-baked, then char-grilled. Served with green beans). Ask to exclude the potatoes.
- Chicken Souvlaki Platter (2 char-grilled chicken souvlaki skewers, Greek salad, orzo pasta, a lemon wedge, pita bread and tzatziki sauce). Ask to exclude the orzo pasta and pita bread.
- Gyro Platter (spiced lamb and beef strips, Greek salad, pita bread, orzo pasta and tzatziki sauce). Ask for no orzo pasta and pita bread.
- Pork Souvlaki Platter (2 char-grilled pork skewers, Greek salad, orzo pasta, a lemon wedge, pita bread and tzatziki sauce). Ask for no pita bread and orzo pasta.
- Large Greek Salad (lettuce, pepperoncini peppers, kalamata olives, tomato and feta cheese, served with a side of house dressing). Choice to add chicken souvlaki, pork souvlaki, gyro, tuna or salmon.
- Greek Village Salad (cucumbers, onions, feta cheese, kalamata olives, tomatoes and green peppers, topped with oregano. Served with a side of house dressing). Choice to add chicken souvlaki, pork souvlaki, gyro, tuna or salmon.
- Broccoli Salad (fresh broccoli, red onion, raisins, cheddar cheese, and a special mayo-based dressing)
Thip Khao Restaurant
A modern restaurant serving classic, traditional Laotian dishes, and cocktails with an exotic twist.
Address: 3462 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20010, United States
- Mon – Thu from 5 pm – 10 pm
- Fri – Sat from 12 pm – 3 pm; 5 pm – 11 pm
- Sunday from 12 pm – 3pm; 5 pm – 10 pm
- Tuesdays they are closed.
In the list below are the keto-friendly dishes that this restaurant offers:
- Siin Haeng (crispy sesame jerky beef, sour chili sauce, ginger)
- Muu Lawd (crispy pork marinated with prickly ash peppercorn, lemongrass, spicy chili sauce)
- Chuenh Nok (fried black pepper quail, lemongrass, ginger)
- Chuenh Peek Gai (crispy chili-glazed chicken wings)
- Chuenh Taohu (crispy chili-glazed tofu, scallion, ginger)
- Moak Paa (steamed inside banana leaves, coconut, herbal rice paste, wood ear mushroom salmon). Ask to exclude the rice. Choice to add catfish.
- Paa Nuong Mak Nao (steamed catfish, cilantro, spicy chili lime sauce, lemongrass, rau ram)
- Piing (grilled skewers with lemongrass, spicy toasted rice sauce pork neck, ginger, padaek). Ask to exclude the rice. Choice to add chicken thigh.
- Piing Hua Jai Kai (grilled chicken hearts, lime,fermented shellfish)
- Hu Muu Todd (fried pig ears, fermented chili-fish sauce, tamarind salt)
- Sai Oua Luad (herbal pig’s blood sausage, pineapple-soybean sauce, peanut). Ask to exclude the sauce if possible.
- Oob Bae (goat red curry stew, bell pepper, fragrant herb, cilantro)
- AWK (herbal stew, lemongrass, wood ear mushroom, dill, eggplant, green bean, okra, prickly ash peppercorn). Choice to add salmon, chicken, tofu, braised beef or pork.
- Pon Paa (charred eggplant stew, cilantro, padaek, green chili, soft poached egg). Choice to add salmon, blue catfish or tofu.
- Gaeng Som Hua Paa (spicy salmon head soup, cherry tomato, tamarind, mushroom, onion, basil, chilies)
- Chuenh Paa Sa Moun Pai (crispy catfish, cilantro, spicy fish sauce, mint, cashew, lemongrass, fried shallot)
An elegant restaurant serving classic Greek seafood and cocktails in a luxurious setting.
Address: 1700 K St NW, Washington, DC 20006, United States
- Mon – Sat from 11:30 am – 10 pm
- Sunday from 11:30 am – 9 pm
Here is a list of their ketogenic dishes that you can try out:
- Octopus (marinated and grilled, red wine vinegar, capers, onions)
- Calamari (simply grilled with oregano and lemon)
- Greek salad (tomatoes, onions, pepper, cucumbers, feta)
- Prasini (scallions, dill, romaine hearts, and creamy feta dressing)
- Kellari Salad (organic greens with agiorgitiko vinaigrette)
- Psita Laxanika (herb marinated grilled vegetables, manouri cheese, pesto basil)
- Roasted Lamb Salad (slow-roasted lamb with goat cheese and baby spinach)
- Eggs Benedict (smoked salmon, lemon mint hollandaise, poached eggs and home fries). Avoid the home fries.
- Kotopoulo (grilled chicken breast, feta and organic greens)
- Shrimp salad (grilled jumbo gulf shrimp, tomato, arugula, cucumbers, and feta)
- Grilled whole fish (lemon, olive oil, fresh herbs, capers)
- Grilled Seafood Platter (Thalassina) (shrimp, lemon, calamari, octopus and olive oil)
- Beet Salad (roasted red and yellow beets, roasted walnuts, mixed greens, goat cheese, orange vinaigrette)
- Sardines (grilled sardines, fresh lemon herbs, olive oil)
- “Roka” Arugula Salad (with fresh lemon juice, kefalograviera and cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil)
- Lobster Youvetsi (baked orzo, lobster, lobster bisque sauce)
A unique restaurant with Asian-influenced decor offering traditional Korean fare in a sleek setting.
Address: 453 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
- Sun – Thu from 11 am – 10 pm
- Fri – Sat from 11 am – 11 pm
Listed below are their keto-approved dishes based on their menu:
- Yuja Salad (greens, pinipig, citrus segments, yujacha dressing)
- Kimchi Jjigae (kimchi soup with tofu and pork)
- Mandu Guk (beef broth, mushrooms, beef, and pork mandu, pulled brisket, scallions, egg strips)
- Soon Doobu (spicy seafood stew with an egg and soft tofu)
- Yookgejang (spicy beef broth with pulled brisket, scallions, bean sprouts, and egg)
- Bulgogi (grilled slices of marinated ribeye)
- Dak Gui (spice marinated chicken breast)
- Dwejee Bulgogi (spice marinated pork)
- Galbi (marinated and grilled bone-in beef short ribs)
- Korean Fried Chicken Wings (with spicy soy glaze)
- San Jeok (2 flank steak skewers with Korean scallion and king oyster mushrooms)
- Dwenjang Jjigae (fermented soybean paste soup with beef, zucchini, tofu, and chili peppers)
- Dak Jjim (spicy simmered chicken thigh)
A beautiful restaurant with an open kitchen offering traditional Turkish food in a modern setting.
Address: 425 I St NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States
Open Hours: Mon – Sun from 11 am – 10 pm
Listed below are their keto-friendly dishes based on their menu:
- Shepherd Salad (chopped tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers, walnuts, parsley, lemon dressing)
- Baba Ganoush (oven-roasted eggplant mixed with garlic, tahini, yogurt, and pomegranate)
- ATOM (garlic-yogurt, sun-dried chili, celery, and tomato)
- Ezme (sundried tomato paste with onion, garlic, parsley, green pepper, and Turkish spices)
- Greek Salad (romaine hearts, beets, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, feta cheese, lemon dressing)
- Arugula Salad (arugula, figs, candied walnuts, beets, feta cheese orange-pomegranate dressing). Ask to exclude the figs.
- Pembe Sultan (labneh yogurt, garlic, beets, olive oil)
- Muhammara (red pepper spread with feta cheese, walnuts, and olive oil)
- Smoked Eggplant Salad (smoked eggplant, anaheim peppers, onion, parsley with lemon-pomegranate molasses)
- Butter Shrimp (sautéed butter shrimp with Turkish spices and sun-dried chili)
- Döner Kebap (lamb and thinly sliced beef döner kebab served with white rice). Avoid the white rice.
- İskender Kebap (thinly sliced beef and lamb döner kebab served over toasted pita bread with yogurt and tomato sauce)
- Adana Kebap (char-grilled spicy ground beef and lamb kebab seasoned with spices and red peppers served with bulgur pilav). Avoid the bulgur pilav.
- Beyti Kebap (char-grilled spicy ground beef and lamb kebab wrapped in lavash bread with eggplant. Served with yogurt and iskender sauce)
- Tavuk Şi̇ş (char-grilled chicken cubes seasoned with herbs and served with bulgur pilav). Avoid the bulgur pilav.
- Çöp Şi̇ş (char-grilled beef sirloin cubes seasoned with herbs and served with bulgur pilav). Avoid the bulgur pilav.
- Lamb Chops (thyme and pepper marinated lamb chops served with smoked eggplant puree and sautéed baby vegetables)
- Sucuklu Omelette (omelet with kashkaval cheese and lamb-beef sausage)
Old Ebbitt Grill
A rustic restaurant with a long history offers classic American dishes in a bar-like setting.
Address: 675 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, United States
- Mon – Thu from 7:30 am – 2 am
- Friday from 7:30 am – 3 am
- Saturday from 8:30 am – 3 am
- Sunday from 8:30 am – 2 am
Here are their keto-friendly dishes that you can try:
- Steamed Maine Blue Mussels (shallots, chives, parsley, tomatoes, white wine lemon butter, garlic crostini). Avoid the garlic crostini.
- Oysters Rockefeller (spinach, garlic-herb butter, watercress, Parmesan)
- Fried Calamari (watercress, lemon vinaigrette, pickled cherry peppers, remoulade)
- Grilled Steak Salad (petite filet mignon, roasted butternut squash, power lettuce blend, cremini mushrooms, gorgonzola, house steak sauce, crispy fried onions). Ask to exclude the roasted butternut squash.
- Mixed Greens Salad (cherry tomatoes, lemon-basil vinaigrette, cucumbers, carrots)
- Grilled Salmon Salad (shaved cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, radicchio, Tuscan kale, golden raisins, Pecorino Romano, sunflower seeds, lemon vinaigrette)
- Pan-Seared Sea Scallops (roasted cauliflower, cauliflower velouté, pioppini mushrooms, Tuscan kale, potato gnocchi, brown butter). Ask to exclude the potato gnocchi
- Spicy Sausage Rigatoni (San Marzano tomatoes, fennel sausage, Tuscan kale, chili flakes, Pecorino Romano)
- Roast Turkey (sprout salad, pickled red onions, avocado, spicy pepper aïoli, provolone, multigrain bread). Avoid the multigrain bread.
An elegant, chic brasserie that offers classic French fare.
Address: 1601 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009, United States
- Mon – Thu from 5 pm – 11 pm
- Friday from 5 pm – 12 am
- Saturday from 9:30 am – 12am
- Sunday from 9:30 am – 11 pm
Here are their ketogenic dishes you can try:
- Eggs Benedict (sauce hollandaise, ham off the bone)
- Eggs Norwegian (sauce hollandaise, smoked salmon)
- Eggs Vol-Au-Vent (hedgehog mushrooms, crème fraîche, creamed cippolinis)
- Steak and Eggs (sauce mornay, teres major, sunny side eggs)
- Lobster Omelette (fines herbes, sauce mornay)
- Steak Tartare du Parc (hand-chopped steak, quail egg, capers)
- Tuna Carpaccio (with leek vinaigrette)
- White Asparagus Mimosa (hazelnut, leek vinaigrette, egg)
- Warm Shrimp Salad (avocado, lemon beurre blanc)
- Duck à l’Orange (confit leg, pan-roasted breast, spinach)
- A variety of meats and cheeses
Now that you have the list of the best keto restaurants in Washington, DC, you have the essential information that you need to safely stay in ketosis while eating out. All that is left for you to do is to choose a place, take a friend and enjoy the tasty dishes!
Don’t forget to check our list of eateries for more keto-friendly options.