Are you constantly looking for places to dine out in San Francisco, California that can accommodate your keto diet? Are you tired of always cooking food at home?
We understand that sometimes you just want to eat out and take a break from meal planning at home, but we know that it can be quite a struggle!
That’s why we have decided to help you out and pick the best keto-friendly restaurants that have lots of low carb, ketogenic options for you to choose from! Here they are:
An airy cafe and health food eatery offering fresh ingredients, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and low-carb options in a modern setting.
Address: 2011 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94110, United States
Open Hours: Mon – Sun from 11 am – 9 pm
Here are their low carb, delicious food dishes that you can choose from:
- Mediterranean Salad (with spinach, kalamata olives, romaine, radish, sweet potato, tomato vinaigrette, pepitas, cucumber, pickled onion, tahini dill dressing)
- Thai Coconut Curry (with mild yellow curry with zucchini, onion, red bell pepper, eggplant, basil, and jasmine rice). Rice substitute is available, so make sure you mention it to your server.
- Curried Veggies (with zucchini, bell pepper, eggplant, and onion, cooked in a mild yellow curry sauce)
- Fajita Veggies (with onions and bell peppers sauteed with oregano in extra virgin olive oil)
- Kale Slaw (with shredded cabbage, fresh kale, and carrots in a house-made vinaigrette)
- Blanched Broccoli (fresh broccoli lightly blanched with sea salt)
- Turmeric Cauliflower Rice (with turmeric, onion, cauliflower, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt)
- Pesto Meatballs (sunflower basil pesto, 100% grass-fed beef)
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts (with chipotle aioli)
- Shishito Peppers (tossed with salt and paprika, served with dill dressing)
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (creamy pudding made with coconut cashew milk and monk fruit)
A minimalistic restaurant offering gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free dishes in a hip setting with fresh ingredients.
Address: 3613 Sacramento St, San Francisco, CA 94118, United States
- Mon – Fri from 7 am – 5 pm
- Sat – Sun from 8 am – 3 pm
Here are their ketogenic, delicious food options that you can try out:
- Cobb Salad (romaine lettuce, bacon, baby kale mix, frisee, Marin sun farms chicken, and pasture-raised poached egg, red onion, cherry tomatoes, avocado, dairy-free ranch dressing)
- Kale Avocado Caesar (baby kale, pecorino, romaine lettuce, avocado, caesar dressing). You can also add pasture-raised poached egg and chicken.
- S.L.O.W. Frisee (onions, frisee, bacon, seasonal vegetables, shallot champagne vinaigrette). There’s an option to ask for extra pasture-raised poached egg.
- The Herb (frisee, cabbage, baby kale, seasonal vegetables, romaine, radishes, avocado, chives, scallions, basil, cilantro, roasted pepitas, dill, vegan green goddess, vegan ranch drizzle). Ask for a pasture-raised poached egg if needed.
- Breakfast (Marin sun farms bacon, chives, pasture-raised poached egg, greens, shallot drizzle, just mayo, salt and pepper)
- BLT (Marin sun farms bacon, basil, romaine lettuce, chives, cherry tomatoes, just mayo, ranch dressing). You can add extra avocado.
- Avocado (radishes, avocado, just mayo, sea salt, chives, crushed red pepper). You can also ask for more poached egg.
- Zucchini Pappardelle (zucchini noodles, cherry tomatoes, seasonal sauce)
- Smoked Salmon (smoked salmon, dill, red onion, chives, kite hill vegan cream cheese, capers, lemon slices, cherry tomatoes)
- Muff·tata (pasture-raised eggs, garlic, basil, cherry tomatoes, spinach)
- Bone Broth (homemade pasture-raised chicken bone broth with Jacobsen sea salt and chives)
An inviting, rustic restaurant with a fireplace and woodwork interior offering traditional Greek and Mediterranian dishes.
Address: 200 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94111, United States
- Mon – Thu from 11:30 am – 2:30 pm; 5:30 pm – 10 pm
- Friday from 11:30 am – 2:30 pm; 5:30 pm – 11 pm
- Saturday and Sunday from 5:30 pm – 11 pm
Listed below are their keto-friendly food options you can choose from:
- Aginares Souvlaki (grilled artichokes with Greek yogurt, peppers and onions)
- Spiaggia (wood oven-roasted asparagus with dill and feta)
- Saganaki (pan-fried Kefalotyri with oregano and lemon)
- Octapodaki tou Yiorgou (grilled octopus with oregano, lemon, and olive oil)
- Kalamari (grilled calamari stuffed with fennel, feta, orange with black olives). Ask to exclude the orange.
- Guides Skordates (wood-oven chili garlic roasted wild Gulf prawns)
- Arnisia Plevrakia (grilled lamb riblets with oregano and lemon)
- Youvarlakia (Berkshire pork meatballs in scallions avgolemono and dill)
- Horiatiki (classic Greek salad of tomato, onion, bell pepper, oregano, cucumber, olives and feta)
- Maroulosalata (chopped butter lettuce, toasted pine nuts, radicchio with Kalamata and feta dressing)
- Fraulosalata (roasted strawberries, pine nuts, wild arugula, feta mousse and sherry vinaigrette)
- Psari Psito (traditional grilled whole fish with lemon and horta)
- Kotopoulo Souvlas (lemon-oregano roasted chicken with briami, Kokkari potatoes and cilantro yogurt). Ask to exclude the Kokkari potatoes.
- Kokkinisto me Maestra (aromatic braised lamb shank with mizithra cheese and orzo)
- Arnisio Souvlaki (spiced lamb skewer grilled with bay leaf, cucumber salad tzatziki, onion and Kokkari potatoes). Ask to exclude the Kokkari potatoes.
- Mosharisia Brizola (charcoal-grilled dry-aged rib-eye with Kokkari potatoes and braised greens). Ask to exclude the Kokkari potatoes.
A buzzy restaurant serving traditional Japanese dishes in a hip and unique setting.
Address: 82 14th St, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States
- Mon – Thu from 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- Fri – Sat from 11:30 am – 2 pm; 5 pm – 11 pm
- Sunday from 11:30 am – 2 pm; 5 pm – 10 pm
Here are their keto-approved food options you can choose from:
- Maguro no Sashimi (wild bigeye tuna sashimi with Half Moon Bay wasabi)
- Nijimasu no Shioyaki (whole salt-grilled Mt. Lassen rainbow trout with ginger and grated)
- Kanpachi no Sashimi (Baja yellowtail amberjack sashimi with yuzu kosho and Half Moon Bay wasabi)
- Hirame no Kobujime (kombu-cured San Francisco halibut with Half Moon Bay wasabi)
- Shungiku Kamo Sarada (Hikari Farm chrysanthemum and frilly mustard with kumquats and charcoal-grilled Sonoma Liberty Duck breast)
- Dashimaki Tamago (fancy folded omelet with freshly shaved katsuobushi dash and Riverdog Farm eggs)
- Hanetsuki Gyoza (Becker Lane Berkshire pork gyoza with chicken foot jelly and “wings”)
- Teba no Karaage (Japanese fried chicken wings with sansho pepper smoky tare, and Hikari Farm wasabi arugula)
- Chicken Standards (Thigh + Onion; Thigh + Sansho; Rintaro Tsukune; Tender + Ponzu)
- Chicken Odd Bits (Liver + Garlic; Knee; Shoulder)
- Chicken Deluxe (Inner Thigh; Chicken Oyster; Kanzuri)
A chic eatery serving classic New American cuisine and a dinner special of a few Thai dishes.
Address: 698 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94109, United States
- Mon – Sun from 7:30 am – 3 pm; 4:30 pm – 10 pm
Here are the keto-friendly dishes that this restaurant offers:
- Panang Curry Taco (beef, mint, bell peppers, red onion, peanuts, lettuce, and kaffir lime leaves, served with corn tortillas). Avoid the corn tortillas.
- Laab Burger (house-ground 6oz beef patty, lab herb seasoning, sweet sambal aioli, romaine, red and green onions, brioche bun). Avoid the brioche bun.
- New York Steak and Eggs (marinated New York steak, Topped with miso butter 2 eggs any style, sourdough toast and breakfast potatoes). Avoid the breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast.
- Florentine Benedict (two poached eggs, avocado, tomatoes, spinach, hollandaise and English muffin and potatoes). Avoid the English muffin, there is a choice to replace the potatoes with fruit.
- Florentine Benedict (two poached eggs, avocado hollandaise, spinach, tomatoes and English muffin). Avoid the English muffin, there is a choice to replace the potatoes with fruit or to exclude them.
- Garden Omelette (mushroom, bell pepper, tomatoes, avocado, spinach, onion and sharp cheddar served with breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast). Avoid the sourdough toast and substitute the potatoes for fruit or exclude them.
- Meat lovers Omelet (bacon, ham, sharp cheddar cheese, homemade chicken sausage, served with breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast). Avoid the sourdough toast and substitute the potatoes for fruit or exclude them.
- Dungeness Crab Omelet (scallion, Dungeness crab, Swiss cheese, asparagus served with breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast). Avoid the sourdough toast and substitute the potatoes for fruit or exclude them.
- Border Omelette (onion, scallion, chorizo, cherry pepper, pepper jack cheese, tomatillo sauce, sour cream served with breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast). Avoid the sourdough toast and substitute the potatoes for fruit.
- Holy Chili Bomb basil (ground chicken, garlic, bell pepper, Thai basil, onion & Thai chili served with breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast). Avoid the sourdough toast and substitute the potatoes for fruit.
- Shrimp & Spinach (spinach, pepper jack cheese, red onion, black pepper, pico de gallo served with breakfast potatoes & sourdough bread). Avoid the sourdough toast and substitute the potatoes for fruit.
- The Perfect Burger (house-ground 6oz beef patty, brie cheese, sautéed mushroom, wild arugula, brioche bun, caramelized onion, garlic herb aioli, served with choice of fries or house salad). Ask to exclude the bun. Choose a side of house salad.
- Special Lapisara Burger (house-ground 6oz all-beef patty, red onion, avocado, white cheddar bacon, tomato, romaine, Queen “B” bacon, fried egg, sambal mayo, garlic aioli brioche bun, served with choice of fries or house salad). Ask to exclude the bun. Choose a side of house salad
- Cobb Salad ( chicken, bacon, avocado, spring mix, romaine lettuce, red onion, tomato, boiled egg, blue cheese, ranch dressing)
A unique restaurant with a beautiful bay view offering American comfort fare in a casual setting with fun decor.
Address: 699 Avenue of the Palms, San Francisco, CA 94130, United States
- Tue – Fri from 11 am – 9 pm
- Saturday from 9 am – 9 pm
- Sunday from 9 am – 8:30 pm
- Monday from 11 am – 4 pm
Listed below are all the foods that are keto-friendly at Mersea:
- Roasted Chicken Breast (roasted vegetables and toasted quinoa). Ask to exclude the quinoa.
- Double Stacked Cheeseburger (House ground beef, iceberg, cheddar, sesame brioche). Avoid the sesame brioche.
- Beyond Burger (caramelized onion, arugula, white cheddar, chipotle crema)
- Build-Your-Salad (iceberg, caramelized onion, cucumber, hard-cooked egg, feta, bacon, chicken, balsamic)
- Build-Your-Salad (butter lettuce, chicken, feta, bacon, avocado, cherry tomato, almonds)
- Build-Your-Salad (arugula, cilantro-lime dressing, zucchini, radish, cherry tomato, smoked salmon)
A stylish restaurant serving traditional Greek and Mediterranean cuisine in a modern setting with wood accents.
Address: 243 W Portal Ave, San Francisco, CA 94127, United States
- Tue – Thu from 5 pm – 9:30 pm
- Fri – Sat from 5 pm – 10:30 pm
- Sunday from 5 pm – 9:30 pm
Here is the list of their ketogenic dishes:
- Kolokithokeftedes (zucchini fritters served with tzatziki)
- Saganaki (fried kefalograviera finished with oregano and lemon)
- Psito Oktopodi (grilled octopus, served over arugula, dressed with Orexi dressing)
- Garides sto fourno (oven-baked tiger prawns in a lightly spiced olive oil garlic sauce)
- Kalamarakia tis Skaras (fresh, grilled Monterey squid, topped with Kalamata olive tapenade)
- Arnisia plevrakia (grilled lamb riblets, finished with fresh oregano and Orexi dressing)
- Greek Salad (topped with feta, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, and red wine vinegar)
- Octopus Salad (grilled octopus with cherry tomatoes, arugula and red onions)
- Moussaka (a traditional baked dish with layers of ground lamb and beef and eggplant, topped with bechamel)
- Ipoglosso Psiti (grilled wild local halibut, lemon caper sauce, mixed sautéed wild mushrooms)
A spacious restaurant with a great location by the bay area, serving fresh seafood,
Address: 1965 Al Scoma Way, San Francisco, CA 94133, United States
- Mon – Thu from 12 pm – 9 pm
- Fri – Sat from 11:30 am – 9:30 pm
- Sunday from 11:30 am – 9 pm
Here is a list of their ketogenic options:
- Lazy Man’s” Cioppino ( A fisherman’s wharf original. crab, prawns, sea scallops, clams, mussels, fresh fish, calamari served in “mama” Scoma’s rich tomato broth)
- Petrale Doré (firm, sweet local sole, lightly egg battered with garlic-lemon butter, with Scoma’s tartar sauce)
- Prawns Annuzzi (lightly egg battered with garlic-lemon butter)
- Prawns and Scallops Alla Gannon (seared in olive oil; drizzled with lemon-butter)
- Open-Faced’ Local Albacore Tuna Melt (mint, shallots, lemon agrumato) Served with a side of mixed greens.
- Oyster Alla Scoma (“Rockefeller” inspired dish of Pacific oysters, chopped chard, brandy-garlic aioli, asiago cheese)
A La Turca
A restaurant offering traditional Turkish dishes in a classic Istambul-inspired setting.
Address: 869 Geary St, San Francisco, CA 94109, United States
- Sun – Thu from 11:30 am – 10 pm
- Fri – Sat from 11:30 am – 11 pm
Here’s a list of their keto-friendly options to try out:
- A La Turcica Salad (with cucumber, baby greens, feta cheese, tomatoes, olives served with house dressing)
- Döner Salad (lamb and beef döner served with romaine lettuce, onions, red cabbage, tomatoes, and house dressing)
- Shepherd Salad (chopped tomatoes and red onion, cucumber, parsley served in lemon juice and olive oil dressing)
- Chicken Salad (chicken döner served with romaine lettuce, red cabbage, tomatoes, onions and house dressing)
- Ezme (crushed red and green bell peppers, walnut, onions, tomatoes and olive oil)
- Eggplant Salad (eggplant mixed with red and green bell peppers, olive oil and onion)
- Multiple Kinds of Doner served with rice and salad. Avoid the rice.
A cozy bistro in European style serving classic New American dishes.
Address: 2346 Chestnut St, San Francisco, CA 94123, United States
- Mon – Wed from 11:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Thu – Fri from 11:30 am – 11:00 pm
- Saturday from 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Sunday from 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
Here is a list of their ketogenic dishes:
- Deviled Eggs (parsley, smoked trout)
- Cauliflower Soup ( roasted red pepper oil, parsley)
- Shishito Peppers (sea salt, lime)
- Kale Salad (brown butter apple, beet, goat cheese, apple vinaigrette)
- Octopus (romesco, red onion, fresh herbs, potato). Avoid the potato.
- Tomatillo Chicken (onion, peppers, queso fresco, crispy onion, potato). Avoid the potato.
- Pork Chop (spaetzle, cucumber salad and beet)
- Crispy Chicken (pickle, roasted garlic aioli, cilantro slaw, bun and a side of mixed greens). Avoid the bun.
Now you know the best keto restaurants in San Francisco! You don’t have to worry about where to eat, all you have to do is grab a friend, choose a place and enjoy a tasty low carb, keto-approved dish! These will all make your taste buds happy!
For more low-carb local restaurants, check this article.
Up Next: Keto Restaurants In San Jose