Are you on the keto diet? Have you been looking for restaurants or cafes that can accommodate your ketogenic diet?
We know that sometimes finding a good restaurant that has low carb options for you can be extremely hard. That is why we have done all the work for you- so you don’t have to! We have found the 11 best keto restaurants around San Jose, California that have keto, low carb dishes!
And here is our list:
A restaurant with a colorful interior and a modern setting offering build-your-own Vietnamese dishes.
Address: 1085 E Brokaw Rd Suite #20, San Jose, CA 95131, United States
Open Hours: Mon – Sat from 11 am – 9 pm
Here are our suggestions on some build-your-own dish you can try out: [hint: ask for zucchini noodles!]
- Salad + Lemongrass Chicken + Cucumber, Lettuce
- Salad + Kalbi Style Beef + Crispy Shallots
- Salad + Shrimp + Wok Tossed Veggies
- Salad + Lemongrass Chicken + Wok Tossed Veggies + Sesame Dressing
Nick The Greek
A street food restaurant offering traditional Greek dishes.
Address: 5019 Almaden Expy, San Jose, CA 95118, United States
Open Hours: Mon – Sun from 11 am – 11 pm
Here are their ketogenic dishes based on their menu:
- Chicken Souvlaki Plate (chicken, cut and seasoned with Greek spices, cooked over an open flame). Served with french fries, rice or side salad, tzatziki sauce and pita bread. Avoid french fries, rice and the pita bread.
- Pork Souvlaki Plate (pork, freshly cut, skewered and seasoned with Greek spices, cooked over an open flame) Served with french fries or side salad, rice, tzatziki sauce and pita bread. Avoid french fries, rice and the pita bread.
- Gyro Plate (any of their three gyro meats -beef/lamb, chicken, pork). Served with french fries or side salad, rice, tzatziki sauce and pita bread. Avoid french fries, rice and the pita bread.
- Greek Salad (traditional village salad, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, kalamata olives, feta cheese, house dressing)
- Passini Salad (crispy Romaine hearts with fresh scallions, shredded feta cheese, dill, extra virgin olive oil dressing with lemon zest)
A restaurant with a contemporary setting offering a mix of French-Vietnamese dishes and hand-crafted cocktails.
Address: 151 S 2nd St, San Jose, CA 95113, United States
- Mon – Thu from 5 pm – 9 pm
- Fri – Sat from 5 pm – 10 pm
Here are their keto-friendly dishes:
- Salmon Tartare (citrus-marinated raw salmon, cucumber, tomato, serrano pepper, avocado, fresh herbs)
- American Wagyu Carpaccio (thinly sliced raw American Wagyu beef, capers, arugula, tomato, parmesan cheese, shallot and honey Sriracha dressing)
- Brussels Sprout Salad (fried brussels sprouts, truffle oil, Dijon dressing and parmesan cheese)
- Roasted Lamb Chops (3 pcs of lamb chops served with baked ratatouille, brussels sprouts, cooked in a rosemary-red wine sauce)
- Les Petits Farcis (baked tomato stuffed with pork loaf, Zucchini gratin and baked onion stuffed with eggs and mushrooms. Topped with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese)
A restaurant with a rustic-chic feel offering quality ingredients, New American foods and a seasonal menu.
Address: 1110 Willow St, San Jose, CA 95125, United States
- Mon – Tue from 4 pm – 9:30 pm
- Wed – Thu from 9 am – 9:30 pm
- Friday from 9 am – 12 am
- Saturday from 8:30 am – 12 am
- Sunday from 8:30 am – 9 pm
Here are their keto-approved options you can choose from:
- Harissa Roasted Chicken Salad (crispy chickpeas, feta, cucumber, gem lettuce, tomato red onion, grapefruit vinaigrette)
- Steak Tartare (minced top round steak, housemade pickles beer mustard, egg yolk, white truffle powder)
- Aguachile (market fish, ginger, mezcal, lime, serrano chile, chamomile)
- Market Vegetable Salad (toasted almonds, seasonal vegetables, honey yuzu vinaigrette, artisan goat cheese). Ask for no honey in the vinaigrette.
- French Dip (roasted Angus beef, chipotle au jus wedge potatoes). Ask for no potatoes.
- Seasonal Pickled Vegetables (olive oil drizzle)
Dry Creek Steak
A casual eatery offering classic American dishes, such as steaks, seafood and classic alcoholic beverages in a cozy setting.
Address: 1580 Hamilton Ave, San Jose, CA 95125, United States
- Sun – Thu from 5 pm – 10 pm
- Fri – Sat from 4:30 pm – 11:30 pm
Here are their keto-friendly options to try out:
- Deviled Eggs (creamy, classic deviled eggs). Choice to add bacon.
- Charcuterie Plate (pickled veggies, artisanal charcuterie, whole grain mustard, house-made lavash)
- Green Chili Soup (mild roasted anaheim and cilantro cream, pasilla chilies)
- Caesar Salad (baby hearts of romaine, housemade caesar, shaved parmesan, homemade croutons). Ask to exclude the croutons. A choice to add smoked chicken, scallions, salmon.
- Blue Gem Salad (little gem lettuce, bacon, blue cheese dressing, chopped egg, and grape tomato). A choice to add smoked chicken, scallions, salmon.
- Smoked Half Chicken (organic house-smoked chicken, baby kale-farro ragout, artichoke, jicama-avocado slaw, roasted poblano crema). Ask to exclude farro.
- Ribeye (sour cream horseradish whipped potatoes, herb butter, sautéed broccolini). Ask to exclude potatoes.
- Porterhouse Steak (garlic mashed potatoes, charred Fresno pepper, sautéed spinach, mushroom au ju). Avoid mashed potatoes.
A casual restaurant offering dishes made with local, carefully and responsibly sourced ingredients.
Address: 55 River Oaks Pl, San Jose, CA 95134, United States
- Mon – Wed from 11 am – 10 pm
- Thu – Fri from 11 am – 11 pm
- Saturday from 10 am – 10 pm
- Sunday from 10 am – 9 pm
Here are their keto-friendly options:
- Ahi Ceviche (sashimi grade Ahi Tuna, wasabi salsa, avocado). Served with wonton. Avoid the wonton.
- Humboldt Calamari (calamari steaks, garlic, chili flake, lemon, Italian parsley)
- Cobb Salad (charred chicken, tomato, avocado, egg, gorgonzola, spinach, bacon). Served with our house-made Italian vinaigrette.
- Mediterranean Salmon Salad (organic superfood mix, cucumber, avocado, Grannysmith apple, butter lettuce, chopped egg, Roma tomato, kalamata olives, feta). Topped with Skuna Bay Salmon and served with our house-made sherry vinaigrette. Ask to exclude the apple.
- Cedar Planked Salmon (Skuna Bay Salmon (Seafood Watch Approved), grilled asparagus, roasted tomato sauce, parmesan potato)
- Carne Asada (char-grilled steak, cilantro, chipotle salsa, salsa verde, onion, Oaxacan guacamole, chipotle mayo)
The Blue Chip
A family-owned restaurant offering a wide variety of cheesesteaks (including gluten free!), salads and appetizers in a warm and cozy setting.
Address: 325 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95113, United States
- Mon – Wed from 11 am – 10 pm
- Thu – Fri from 11 am – 1:30 am
- Saturday from 9 am – 1:30 am
- Sunday from 9 am – 10 pm
Here are their keto-approved options that you can try:
- Caesar Salad (crispy Romaine tossed in our special Caesar dressing, Parmesan cheese and croutons). Ask for no croutons. Choice to add chicken.
- Mexican Salad (mixed lettuce, chicken dressed in salsa dressing, avocado, Parmesan cheese)
- Blackened Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad (blackened Cajun chicken, Parmesan cheese, tossed in Caesar dressing)
- House Salad (mixed lettuce, red onions, croutons, tomato, topped with shredded cheese, your choice of dressing). Ask for no croutons.
- BLT (lettuce, bacon and tomato)
- Cheesesteak (onions, cheese, thin steak slices) +Side of Lettuce
- Chicken Cheesesteak + Lettuce, Tomato, Bacon
- Fish Cheesesteak + Lettuce
- Chicken Cheesesteak + Lettuce, Mushroom Bell Pepper
A relaxed restaurant offering upscale Portuguese dishes and wine in a warm, rustic setting.
Address: 1614 Alum Rock Ave, San Jose, CA 95116, United States
Open Hours: Wed – Sun from 5 pm – 9:30 pm
Listed below are their keto-approved options you can choose from:
- Salada de Polvo (octopus salad with a spring mix salad and roasted red bell pepper sauce)
- Lula à Algarvia (sauteed squid with a garlic butter sauce, dehydrated lemon and cilantro)
- Bife à Portuguesa (ribeye steak, sautéed spinach, fried egg, fried potatoes and Iberico ham steak sauce). Ask to exclude the fried potatoes.
- Λrroz de Pato (duck breast over chouriço and bacon shredded duck rice with a duck sauce). Ask to exclude the rice.
- Polvo à Lagareiro (oven-roasted octopus with fingerling potatoes sautéed in spinach, garlic and olive oil). Ask to avoid potatoes.
- Sopa de Tomate Fumada (smoked tomato soup with fresh basil and a slow poached egg)
A restaurant that offers Italian cuisine served in an intimate and warm setting.
Address: 1346 Lincoln Ave, San Jose, CA 95125, United States
- Tue – Thu from 5 pm – 9:30 pm
- Fri – Sat from 5 pm – 10 pm
- Sunday from 5 pm – 8:30 pm
Here are their keto options base on their menu:
- Portobello Due Sapori (fresh Portobello stuffed 2 way; mascarpone and sausage, spinach and ricotta, baked finished with a balsamic reduction)
- Romana Alla Griglia (grilled romaine hearts, corn, almonds, hearts of palm, bacon, Machengo cheese; Umberto’s goddess dressing). Ask to exclude corn.
- Broccoli Di Bruxelles Croccanti (local farmers market organic Brussels sprouts; sautéed with pancetta drizzled with olive oil, garlic and lemon; over a grain mustard sauce topped with gorgonzola)
- Salmone Ripieno (fresh Atlantic Canadian- hormone-free salmon; stuffed with lobster meat, vegetables and crab, topped with lobster sauce; served with mashed potatoes and asparagus). Avoid the mashed potatoes.
- Fritto Misto Alla Mikele (calamari, broccoli, shrimp and zucchini fried, with 3 sauces)
- Asparagi E Funghi (grilled asparagus topped with pan-seared Brie cheese, sautéed mushrooms and Truffle oil)
- Scaloppine Di Pollo(chicken breast scallopini choice of Mushroom Marsala or Lemon Piccata) Served with roasted potatoes and sautéed vegetables. Avoid the roasted potatoes.
A modern American steakhouse offering high-quality meats in a masculine, woodsy setting.
Address: 334 Santana Row #1000, San Jose, CA 95128, United States
- Mon – Thu from 11:30 am – 10 pm
- Friday from 11:30 am – 11 pm
- Saturday from 11 am – 11 pm
- Sunday from 11 am – 10 pm
Here are their ketogenic, low carb dishes that you can try out:
- LB Steak Tartare (truffle aïoli, hand-chopped filet, toasted baguette)
- Chilled Shellfish Platter (oysters, Maine lobster, jumbo white gulf prawns)
- Blistered Padrón Peppers (chili, garlic and sesame aïoli)
- Fried Monterey Calamari (green goddess, fried shishito peppers)
- Roasted Bone Marrow (lemon curd, chimichurri, toasted baguette), Avoid the baguette.
- Maine Lobster Bisque (chives, fresh Maine lobster)
- Baby Iceberg Wedge (egg, hickory smoked bacon, Point Reyes blue cheese dressing)
- Caesar Salad (romaine leaves, Parmigiano Reggiano, anchovies, garlic croutons). Avoid the garlic croutons.
- High-Quality, Certified Meats + Housemade Wagyu Butter
Ludwig’s German Table
A restaurant with a contemporary setting offering classic German foods and drinks.
Address: 261 N 2nd St, San Jose, CA 95112, United States
- Wed – Thu – Sun from 4 pm – 10 pm
- Friday from 4 pm – 12 am
- Saturday 4 pm – 11 pm
Here’s a list of their keto-friendly dishes you can choose from:
- Abendbrot für 2 (platter of german salami, black forest ham, liverwurst, cheese, Obatzda, herbed quark dip and pickled vegetables served with bread and pretzel). Avoid the bread and pretzel.
- Nürnberger Bratwürste (sweet mustard, sauerkraut and brezel). Avoid brezel.
- Berliner Currywurst mit Pommes (grilled pork sausage with fries and curry sauce). Avoid fries.
- Wurstplatte (sausage sample plate includes: 1 x thüringer bratwurst, 1 x chicken and spinach, 1 x käsekrainer, 3 x nürnberger all served on a bed of sauerkraut with spicy and sweet mustard)
- Sauerkraut (German sauerkraut with a twist)
- Thüringer Bratwurst (pork and veal sausage, caraway, marjoram)
- Käsekrainer (pork sausage filled with aged emmentaler cheese)
- Chicken & Spinach (chicken sausage with herbs and spinach)
With the list presented above, now you have the best places to eat in San Jose and not be afraid that they won’t have a dish for you! All that is left for you to do is pick a place, get your friends and family and enjoy the tasty food!
If you’re looking for more eating out places, check this list of restaurants near you.