Are you constantly looking for restaurants or cafes around San Diego that have low carb options to accommodate your keto diet? Are you tired of checking every restaurant to see if they have anything you can eat?
Well, you don’t have to do that anymore! We have selected the 11 best places in San Diego, CA where you can have tasty ketogenic dishes!
A fun and quirky Karaoke place, offering creative cocktails and food in a cozy, but modern setting.
Address: 627 Fourth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
Open Hours: Mon – Sun from 8 am – 2 am
Here is a list of their keto dishes:
- Country Fried Steak (with Angus beef country fried steak, eggs, scratch-made sausage country gravy, breakfast potatoes). Avoid the potatoes.
- Beets / Brussels / Blue (with blue cheese, greens, crispy brussels, cherry tomatoes, red onion, golden beets, dijon vinaigrette with a balsamic drizzle.) A choice to add free range chicken.
- Waterfront Sliders (with ground beef or pulled pork, American cheese, grilled onions, house sauce)
- Buffalo Cauliflower (with cheddar breaded cauliflower, scallions, Franks Red Hot buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles)
A Mexican restaurant offering gluten-free, vegan and keto dishes in a sophisticated, fresh-casual setting.
Address: 755 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
Open Hours: Mon – Sun from 11:30 am – 10 pm
Here are some of their keto-friendly dishes based on their menu:
- Mexican Kale Caesar (with shredded kale, cabbage, cilantro, sundried cherry tomatoes, diced onion, lime pepita seeds and caesar dressing)
- Keto Bowl (with Spanish-style cauliflower rice, avocado, black olives, sautéed tri-color peppers, jalapeno cabbage and Arbol salsa)
- Tortilla Soup (with cilantro, green onions, roasted bell pepper, avocado, tomato, vegan mozzarella and tortilla strips). Ask for no tortilla strips.
Meze Greek Fusion
A lux bar and restaurant offering finely crafted Greek cuisine with hormone free meats and a Southern Californian twist in an elegant setting. They also offer vegetarian and gluten-free options.
Address: 345 Sixth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
- Sun – Thu from 11 am – 11 pm
- Fri – Sat from 11 am – 2 am
Listed below are their keto-approved dishes you can try out:
- Mediterranean Omelette (with kalamata olives, tomatoes, onions, spinach, mushrooms and feta cheese)
- Noble Spartan Omelette (with gyro, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and mozzarella cheese). Avoid the gyro pita.
- Braised Lamb (with a slow-roasted lamb over breakfast potatoes, topped with feta and two fried eggs. Ask for no potatoes.
- Greek Salad (with romaine lettuce, feta cheese, red onion, English cucumber, Roma tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and house vinaigrette)
- Grilled Asparagus Salad (mixed greens, gorgonzola cheese, grilled asparagus, walnuts, fresh fruit, with a strawberry-fig balsamic dressing). Make sure that the fruits are keto-friendly.
- The Grudge (hearts of romaine, chopped bacon, grilled Roma tomato, with a yogurt feta dressing)
- Village Salad (with Roma tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, feta cheese, red onion, capers, olives, extra virgin olive oil)
- Stuffed Portobello (with, mozzarella, feta, gorgonzola, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, bread crumbs crust). Ask for no bread crumbs.
- Chicken Wings (with grilled lemon, oregano chicken wings served with spicy tzatziki)
- Aegean Octopus Salad (with chilled octopus filets, cucumber, fresh spinach, capers, red onion, red bell pepper, Kalamata olives, house vinaigrette)
A local restaurant with an inviting, well-appointed space, offering New American fare with urban rustic foods and drinks. Their cuisine is locally sourced and with seasonal ingredients.
Address: 3752 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92103, United States
- Mon – Thu from 5 pm – 9 pm
- Friday from 5 pm – 10 pm
- Saturday from 9 am – 2 pm; 5 pm – 10 pm
- Sunday from 9 am – 2 pm; 5 pm – 9 pm
Here are the keto and low carb dishes from their menu:
- Burrata (with sumac, tomato conserva, arugula, prosciutto di parma, pickled radish, toasted rye). Ask to exclude the toasted rye.
- Octopus Fritters (with okonomi sauce, scallion, pickled ginger, mayo, bonito flakes)
- Yellowfin Tuna Sashimi (with sriracha, ponzu, chili oil, cilantro, garlic)
- Steamed Clams (with homemade ‘nduja salumi, wine, herb butter, fennel, grilled bread). Avoid the bread.
- Whole Grilled Branzino (with herb relish, shaved fennel, Campari tomatoes, grilled lemon)
- Hamachi Tartare (with black sesame, cucumber, avocado, sprouts, cilantro, trout roe, taro root chips). Avoid the taro root chips.
A restaurant with a rustic feel offering creative multicultural dishes and handmade cocktails.
Address: 2001 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
- Mon – Wed from 5 pm – 12 am
- Thu – Fri from 5 pm – 2 am
- Saturday from 11 am – 2 am
- Sunday from 11 am – 12 am
Here are their keto-friendly dishes you can try out:
- Grilled Shrimp Salad (with little gem lettuce, avocado, red onion, bulgur wheat, cucumber, roasted garlic aioli). Ask to exclude bulgur wheat.
- Philly Cheesesteak Bao (with prime tenderloin, raclette, caramelized onion)
- Shishito Peppers (with bonito, garlic chips, ponzu)
- Sonoma Lamb Shawarma (with mint, pickled red onion, shredded lettuce, cucumber, yogurt)
- Roasted Cauliflower (with hazelnuts, caramelized fennel, bagna cauda)
- Spicy Shrimp (with shiitake mushroom, frisée, chipotle aioli, arugula)
- Grilled Hamachi (with crispy onion, brussels, shiitake, mustard miso)
- Korean Fluke Sashimi (with avocado, cucumber, cilantro, red onions, shrimp chips, yuzu-kosho)
The Butcher Cut
A contemporary grill and steakhouse offering meats from the very best grass fed beef and lamb producers in a rustic, vintage setting.
Address: 644 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
- Sun – Thu from 4 pm – 10:30 pm
- Fri – Sat from 4 pm – 11:45 pm
This steakhouse has a special Keto Menu that you can choose from. Here are some options:
- Clam Chowder (with vegetables, clams, bacon)
- Swordfish (with pomegranate reduction, asparagus)
- Ahi Tuna (with wasabi, horseradish, sesame seed crusted, saffron cauliflower parsnips, sriracha soy OLEO)
- Scallops (with pea snap puree, lemon white wine reduction, oyster mushroom succotash). Ask to exclude the pea snap puree.
- Burrata Napoleon (with romaine lettuce base, eggplant, grilled zucchini, basil, heirloom tomatoes and balsamic reduction)
- Burrata Bruschetta (with romaine lettuce base, buffalo milk mozzarella, shallot, basil, roasted cherry tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, shaved parmesan)
- Clams And Mussels (with chorizo, garlic, clam broth)
- Mushroom Toast (with romaine lettuce base, tomato, wild mushrooms, chives, aged parmesan, umbria trues)
- Avocado Toast (with romaine lettuce base, guacamole, garlic parmesan, olive oil, watercress, smoked balsamic honey glaze)
Point Roma Cafe
A comfortable and contemporary restaurant offering classic American dishes, along with some of their own creations.
Address: 4865 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92106, United States
Open Hours: Mon – Sun from 6 am – 11 pm
Here are their keto-friendly options:
- Crispy Fried Calamari (tartar sauce, spicy marinara sauce)
- Ceviche (lime-marinated white fish, onions, serrano peppers, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, corn tortilla chips). Avoid the corn tortilla chips.
- BBQ Chicken (shredded chicken, cilantro, smoked gouda, mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions)
- Lobster & Smoked Gouda (butter-poached lobster, fresh tomatoes, spicy tomato sauce, roasted yellow peppers, mozzarella cheese)
- Cobb Salad (oven-roasted turkey, tomatoes, bacon, cucumbers, avocado, bleu cheese crumbles, romaine, hard-boiled egg)
- Garlic Shrimp (shrimp, arugula, pizza sauce, goat cheese, fontina cheese, mozzarella cheese, mango). Ask to exclude mango.
- Chicken Caesar Salad (chicken breast, cucumbers, romaine, hard-boiled egg, caesar dressing, tomato, fresh parmesan)
- California Tuna Salad (albacore tuna salad, mushrooms, cucumber, tomato wedges, hard-boiled egg, mixed greens, avocado, carrots). Ask to exclude carrots.
- Oriental Chicken Salad (chicken breast, carrot, scallions, tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, egg noodles, baby greens, spicy Thai dressing). Ask to exclude carrot.
A cozy eatery in a converted house with a fireplace and patio, serving New American cuisine.
Address: 4574 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92116, United States
- Mon – Thu from 8 am – 2 pm; 5 pm – 9:30 pm
- Fri – Sun from 8 am – 2:30 pm; 5 pm – 9:30 pm
Here are their keto-approved options:
- Broccoli Egg Scramble (with three eggs, green beans, spinach, green bell pepper, and zucchini)
- Apple-Smoked Bacon Scramble (with three eggs, cheddar and tomato )
- Spicy Serrano Peppers Scramble (with three eggs, tomato, cilantro and smoked mozzarella)
- Spicy Pork Chorizo Scramble (three eggs, tomato, red onion, Serrano peppers topped with Cotija cheese and cilantro)
- Fresh Spinach Scramble (with three eggs, feta cheese and artichoke heart)
- Portuguese Sausage Scramble(with three eggs, carnitas, pepperoncini, apple-smoked bacon, red onion and cheddar cheese)
- Pork Belly Benedict (with house-made pork belly, tomato, arugula, avocado/roasted poblano hollandaise and salsa Fresca. Served with house mashed potatoes). Avoid the potatoes.
- PH Salad (mixed greens tossed with cherry tomatoes, toasted almonds and goat cheese dressed with our house-made raspberry vinaigrette). + add chicken, shrimp or steak my choice
An American style late night diner offering comfort foods in a cheery, modern setting.
Address: 425 Robinson Ave, San Diego, CA 92103, United States
Open Hours: Mon – Sun from 7 am – 12 am
Here are their keto-friendly dishes to try:
- Hangover Omelette + side of Cottage Cheese (fresh jalepeños, spicy chicken sausage, jack cheese, avocado, topped with chimichurri sauce).
- Chicken Cobb Omelette + side of Cottage Cheese (chicken breast, bacon, tomatoes, avocado and blue cheese crumbles)
- Mediterranean Omelette (feta Cheese, tomatoes, artichokes and spinach)
- Western Omelette (ham, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and cheddar cheese)
- Meat Lovers Omelette (chicken sausage, ham, bacon and cheddar cheese)
- Veggie Omelette (avocado, fresh mushrooms, tomatoes and jack cheese)
- Spinach (cream cheese, spinach and sautéed mushrooms)
- Iceberg Wedge (blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, blue cheese dressing and chopped bacon)
- Fried Mozzarella (fresh-cut mozzarella, lightly breaded and served on top of marinara sauce)
- Garlic Chicken with Bacon (linguine, garlic grilled chicken breast with bacon, basil, fresh tomatoes, parmesan, roasted pasilla chiles tossed in butter and olive oil)
Address: 616 J St, San Diego, CA 92101, United States
- Mon – Fri from 7 am – 10:30 am; 4 pm – 10 pm
- Saturday from 8 am – 12 pm; 4 pm – 10 pm
- Sunday from 8 am – 12 pm
Here are their ketogenic options:
- Pork and Lamb Meatballs (harissa-tomato compote, mint, feta, grilled pita, za’atar). Avoid the grilled pita.
- Caesar Salad (little gem, heirloom tomatoes, queso fresco, pepitas, creamy lemon dressing, focaccia crisps). Ask to exclude the focaccia crisps.
- The O.G. LOBSTER ROLL (Maine lobster, Meyer lemon, chive, tarragon, New England-style hot dog bun, fries or salt and vinegar chips). Ask for no bun and fries/chips.
One Door North
A restaurant with a nature-inspired interior offering locally, responsibly and sustainably sourced ingredients that are combined to create simple and delicious dishes.
Address: 3422 30th St, San Diego, CA 92104, United States
- Mon – Thu from 4 pm – 9:30 pm
- Friday from 4 pm – 12 am
- Saturday from 10 am – 12 am
- Sunday from 10 am – 9 pm
Here are their ketogenic options to try out:
- Baja Ceviche (with avocado, tortilla chips). Avoid the tortilla chips.
- Fried Rhode Island Calamari (with chopped romaine, fried peppers, spicy aioli, buttermilk sauce)
- Shrimp & Grits (with sweet peppers, cheese grits, chorizo spice)
- Charred Brussels Sprouts (with parmesan, lemon)
- Beet Salad (lemon greek yogurt, avocado, candied pistachios, arugula)
- BBQ Chicken (grilled bbq chicken, cilantro, smoked gouda, red onion, mozzarella)
- House-made Fennel Sausage (with roasted peppers and, tomato sauce, mozzarella, onions)
- Roasted Wild Mushroom (mozzarella, parmesan, caramelized onions, thyme, wild arugula, truffle oil)
- Pan-Roasted Gone Straw Farms Chicken (chili rub, roasted broccolini, cheese grits, blistered cherry tomatoes, jus)
With the list above, now you can eat out and not worry if low carb options are available to accommodate your ketogenic diet in the San Diego area! All you have to do is choose one of the restaurants we have selected, and enjoy eating tasty keto-friendly dishes!
For more local restaurants, go to this page.