Keto diet is not just a meal, it is a way of living, and whenever you want to eat out, you want different low-carb meals to choose from. Whether you live in Perth or you are visiting the place, there are a handful of keto-friendly eateries available in this area, you only have to look.
If you don’t have time to walk around Perth looking for keto-friendly eateries, here is a list of restaurants and cafes you can consider.
Pinchos is a Spanish restaurant with a great menu, that allows you to change things up to suit your diet needs. From breakfast to dinner, there are delicious meals you can always consider.
Address: 112-124 Oxford St, Leederville WA 6007, Australia
- Sunday to Tuesday- 8 am to 10 pm
- Wednesdays & Thursdays- 8 am to 10.30 pm
- Fridays & Saturdays- 8 am to 11 pm
Here are some of the dishes:
- Almendras – smoked almonds
- Morcon – garlic, salami of pork, paprika, chili, and rum. Skip the grilled bread it is served with.
- Chorizo – chorizo sausage and lemon. Skip the grilled bread it comes with.
- Chicharrones- dukkah, crispy free-range pork belly, and lemon.
- Carrilleras – cauliflower puree, slow-cooked beef cheeks, and port wine.
Health Freak Cafe
Following the growth for the demand for healthy meals, Health Freak Cafe has brought to the market an array of meals that are not only healthy but also palatable.
Address: Shop 37B/81 S Perth Esplanade, South Perth WA 6151, Australia
- Saturday to Wednesday- 6:30 am to 4 pm,
- Thursday and Friday- 6:30 am to 9 pm
At the Health Freak Cafe, you can enjoy tasty keto-friendly breakfast meals and healthy burgers. Here are some options you might like;
- Keto waffle egg benedict
- Keto kale omelet
- Keto blueberry protein pancakes
- Keto coconut waffle
- Keto protein beef halloumi burger
- Keto protein pulled pork bbq burger
- Keto protein Mexican beef burger
- Keto protein chicken avocado burger
Baked in Byford
Residents of south Perth are having it good, as Baked in Byford offers them delicious treats daily. The good thing is that you can indulge in these treats without feeling guilty or breaking your keto diet rules since there are keto-friendly options.
Address: Shop 2/1 Beenyup Rd, Byford WA 6122, Australia
- Tuesday to Sunday- 6 am to 4 pm,
- Closed on Monday.
They offer a wide range of freshly baked pastries, be it doughnuts, cakes or bread, you name it, they have it! They also offer some other meals like breakfast and brunch special. Here are some of the treats:
- The keto biggy – ingredients: free-range eggs, avocado, bacon, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Real beef burger – Ingredients: American cheese, cos lettuce, smoky bbq, onion rings, beep patty, tomato, pickles, and garlic aioli.
- Bacon and egg burger – American cheddar cheese, bacon, tomato relish, double fried egg, and bbq sauce.
A keto bunless option is offered for the burgers. Also, swap the bbq sauce for a healthier option or have it without it.
Grill’d Shafto Lane
Grill’s is one of the best Perth restaurants for healthy keto-friendly and low-carb burgers.
Address: 10-11 Shafto Ln, Perth WA 6000, Australia
- Monday to Thursday- 11 am to 9 pm
- Friday 11 am to 11 pm
- Saturday 11 am to 10 pm
- Sunday 11am to 8pm
Here are some of the keto-friendly meals to consider:
- ‘Baa baa’ burger – grass-fed lamb, salad, herbed mayo, avocado, tasty cheese, and relish.
- Nick the Greek burger – salad, grass-fed lean lamb, feta, red pepper pesto, and beetroot. Order without the beetroot.
- Mushroom Parma burger – fresh basil, mushroom patty, and red pepper pesto.
- Risky Brisket – premium beef brisket patty, Dijon mustard, spicy lime, salad, egg mayo, and herb salsa.
- Caesar’s Palace – crispy bacon, shaved parmesan, chicken breast, cos lettuce, free-range egg, and Caesar’s dressing.
- Spicy salsa Salad – cherry tomatoes, shredded cabbage, feta, mint, avocado, Spanish onion, coriander, herb salsa, cos lettuce, and lime.
Make sure to order your burger with their low-carb super bun.
Hunter and Barrel
The Hunter and Barrel is an interesting steakhouse strategically positioned at the heart of Perth i.e. the Raine Square. They have timely service and a well designed interior decor that oozes a lot of class.
Address: Raine Square Shopping Centre, 119 William St, Perth WA 6000, Australia.
- Sunday to Thursday – 12 pm to 10 pm
- Friday and Saturday – 12 pm to 10:30 pm
As you walk into the restaurant you will be welcomed by the smell and sound of sizzling meat. Here is a list of dishes you can order off their menu:
- Pumpkin & Cauliflower Croquettes – parmesan and lime aioli.
- Warm Aussie Olives.
- Open Fire Portuguese Prawns – lime wedges, fresh herbs, and aïoli
- Grilled Octopus – herbs and romesco sauce
- Smoky Chicken Wings – smoky dressing, dukkah, and spring onion.
- Slow Braised Lamb Shoulder – grain salad, mixed herbs, and eggplant purée.
- Wagyu rump steak – served with a green salad
- Pork ribs (half or full rack) – served with a green salad
At Hoki Poke restaurant, you are guaranteed clean and fresh seafood. Also, their service is fantastic and impeccable.
Address: 101 Oxford St, Leederville WA 6007, Australia.
- Monday to Saturday – 10 am to 3 pm
- Closed on Sunday.
The meals, though served in Perth, closely resemble some of the great seafood from other parts of the world. Here is a list of the dishes available:
- Tuna poke – ingredients wakame, sesame mayo, shallot, avocado, tobiko, radish, and cucumber.
- Salmon poke – ingredients radish, shallots, wasabi mayo, avocado, tobiko, red cabbage, cucumber, and wakame.
- Kingfish poke – ingredients avocado, tobiko, kimchi, sriracha mayo, edamame, wakame, carrot, and shallots. Order without the carrot.
- Hot smoked salmon poke – Ingredients; wakame, radish, wasabi mayo, avocado, edamame, shallots, smoked salmon, cucumber, and tobiko.
- Salmon poke – shallots, cucumber, tobiko, red cabbage, radish, avocado, and wakame.
Ribs and Burgers
It offers a wide range of meat-based foods. Keto-friendly as one it is possible to move around meals on the menu to fit your needs.
Address: Shop 24/140 William St, Perth WA 6000, Australia.
- Sunday to Thursday – 11 am to 9.30 pm
- Saturday and Friday – 11 am to 10 pm.
Ribs and burgers most offer fantastic meaty meals. Check them out:
- Beef Ribs
- Lamb Ribs
- Grass-fed rump
- Mighty pork baby rack
- Might double chicken wings- house chili, ranch dip, peri and bbq.
- Double-grilled chicken breast- herb baste and lemon
- Garden salad
- Pork St Louis Ribs
- Grass-fed Fillet
- Greek lamb burger
- Grilled chicken B.L.A.T burger
Order your burgers without the bun, skip the chips that come with the ribs and order a salad instead.
Manuka Woodfire Kitchen
Manuka Woodfire is the best place to spend your money. They offer refreshing drinks and tantalizing aromatic dishes.
Address:134 High St, Fremantle WA 6160, Australia.
- Tuesday to Thursday 5 pm – 9 pm
- Friday and Saturday 5 pm – 9:30 pm
- Closed on Sunday and Monday.
The menu is always changing to ensure the customers get pumped every time they walk into the restaurant. Here are some of the low-carb meals that you might enjoy at the restaurant:
- Eggplant baba ganoush.
- Smoked mullet, cream cheese dip, fig leaf oil
- Kingfish Crudo, oyster mushrooms and chives
- Wood roasted cauliflower, tzatziki, and zaatar.
- Asparagus grilled on coals, black garlic aioli, and parmesan.
- Wood roasted olives
- Torbay asparagus, parmesan, and black garlic aioli.
- Tiger prawns cooked on coals- smoked butter sauce, and the prince of orange potatoes. Order the meal, excluding the potatoes.
The Keto way of eating seems to have broadened its roots in Perth. That explains the reason why new restaurants pop up solely dedicated to providing a ketogenic atmosphere. The other preexisting restaurants are following suit.
They are going the extra mile of providing an extensive menu that is filled with keto-friendly meals. Keto diet just like its predecessor, the vegetarian diet, is here to stay as the people of Perth and the world as a whole are shifting gears and are heading towards a healthy eating future.