It would be just great to have a restaurant near you that you can always rely on for low-carb meals right? Whether you are having brunch with friends, dinner with family, or just one of self-treats you go for once in a while, you want a restaurant that serves keto-friendly foods to be able to keep up with the diet even when not eating from the house.
And there are few options to consider in Adelaide, South Australia state. To that end, below are some of the top restaurants and cafes that offer low carb dishes:
Burgnomix is a one-stop spot for delicious keto-friendly burgers and salads. From casual nights out to events, or even get a table reserved for a special night!
Address: 2/1 Colley Terrace, Glenelg SA 5045, Australia
Open Hours: Monday to Sunday 11.30 am – 10 pm
Here are some of the keto-friendly foods you can order from the restaurant:
- Mosely Burger – patty, tomato, lettuce, avocado, ‘nomix aioli, cheese, and mustard
- The Double Stacka Burger – cheese, tomato, 2x’nomix minute steak, mustard, caramelized onions, and lettuce.
- Tweety Burger – Barosa pancetta, tomato, grilled chicken, rocket, parmesan cheese, Swiss cheese, ‘nomix aioli, and free-range egg.
- Warm Chicken Salad – Grilled chicken, Spanish onion, lettuce, cucumber, avocado, roast capsicum, parma cheese, cherry tomatoes, and ‘nomix aioli.
When ordering Burgnomix burgers ask for no bun or order for the Buggsy Burger wrapped in lettuce which is low carb. You can also have other burgers wrapped in lettuce.
Kings Head Hotel
Most of the meals at the Kings Head Hotel have healthy low-carb options, and you are likely going to get a lot of offers during the week.
Address: 357 King William St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Open Hours: Monday to Sunday 11 am – 12 pm
If you decide to eat at Kings Head hotel, you can order the following low-carb meal options:
- Tostada of pork or fried cauliflower – radish, salsa Roja, queso Fresco, white onion, and coriander.
- Mediterranean couscous bowl – almond, basil, orange Dijon vinaigrette, feta, semi-dried tomato, and mint. Have it served with roast pork belly or chargrilled chicken and order without the orange Dijon vinaigrette.
- Teriyaki mushrooms – served with spring onion and ginger.
As the name suggests, Jaime’s Italian restaurant serves Italian cuisines, including a couple of healthy keto-friendly dishes.
Address: 2 King William St Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Monday to Thursday 11.30 am – 2.30 pm, 5.30 pm – 9 pm
- Fridays & Saturdays 11.30am – 10pm
- Sunday 11.30am – 9pm
With the wide variety of meals on their menu, here are some of their keto-friendly dishes:
- Crispy Squid – squid, garlic mayo, and lemon.
- Calabrian Chicken – parmesan, fiery free-range chicken breast, nduja, rocket, tomato, olive & caper sauce.
- Caprese Salad – bocconcini, heirloom tomatoes, and basil.
- Blue Cheese Gnocchi – parmesan, blue cheese sauce, sage, and black kale.
Cafe Brunelli is a top pick for many locals and tourists in Adelaide thanks to their satisfactory ultimate food experience. It is an Italian restaurant serving a variety of Italian cuisines where apart from having a solo meal, you can also take your parties to!
Address: 187 Rundle St, Adelaide South Australia 5000
Open Hours: 24/7
If you are craving an Italian meal, below are some of the options on Cafe Brunelli’s menu:
- Warm Chicken Stack – chargrilled chicken breast, ricotta, roasted capsicum, mixed lettuce, sun-dried tomatoes, and honey-mustard dressing.
- Brunelli Chef Salad – grilled chicken tenders, tomato, smoked Tasmanian salmon, cucumber, grilled prawns, onion, tomato, balsamic aioli, lettuce, and seeded mustard vinaigrette.
- Brunelli Beef Burger – Wagyu beef patty, American mustard, American cheese, red onion, bacon, tomato, lettuce, and ketchup. Ask them to swap the ketchup for mustard or have it without.
- Pollo Chilli Prawn – prawn chargrilled chicken breast, onion, basil salsa, chili prawns, vegetables, and tomato.
- Salmone Roll – smoked salmon, onion, cheese, lettuce, aioli, and avocado.
- Mediterranian Salad- Cucumber, mixed lettuce, feta cheese, olives with vinaigrette, and tomato.
The above restaurants and cafes are definitely worth your time and money if you are looking for low-carb meal options. When ordering food, especially burgers, always ensure to ask for low-carb buns, instead of the regular ones they come with. You can also check their websites to make inquiries or reservations.