If you are on a keto diet, you will not miss a few restaurants and cafes in Brisbane, Queensland state, Australia that offer keto-friendly meals. Most have diverse menus with the options to take away and have your meals manipulated to your liking.
That said, below are the top 10 restaurants and cafes you can find low-carb dishes:
It’s Mirchi is an Indian restaurant that provides diversified healthy diets, including a low-carb diet. If you have special dietary requirements, don’t hesitate to let your waiter/waitress know!
Address: 284 Given Terrace, Paddington QLD 4064, Australia
Open Hours: Monday to Sunday at 4.30 pm- 9.30 pm
Given their wide variety of dishes, here are low-carb dishes you can order:
- Prawn curry/Goan barramundi – prawn or fish, green chili, coconut cream, ginger, dry spices, and garlic.
- Rogan josh – meat, fried onion, Kashmiri spices, and Rogan oil.
- Korma – fennel, groundnuts, curry leaves, and creamy tomatoes.
- Coconut curry – beef, aromatic spices, onion, and coconut.
- Butter chicken – braised chicken breast and creamy tomato sauce. Let them serve it without the tomato sauce.
Grill’d is one of the best restaurants to enjoy a good burger or salad that is low-carb. On top of the amazing food, the restaurant has developed a great work culture with top-notch services.
Address: Wintergarden Shopping Centre, l105/171 Queen St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
- Sunday to Thursday 10.30 am- 10 pm
- Fridays & Saturdays 10.30 am- 11 pm
From their menu, below are some of the low-carb dishes you can order:
- Nourish & Flourish burger- low-carb super bun, grass-fed lean beef, cos lettuce, avocado, tomato, Dijon mustard, shredded carrot, egg mayo, and pickle. Hold the shredded carrot when ordering.
- Spicy Salsa salad- cherry tomatoes, shredded cabbage & lettuce, feta, Spanish onion, avocado, mint, spicy lime, coriander, herb salsa, and lime.
- Bird & Brie burger- chicken breast, salad, brie cheese, herbed mayo, and cranberry sauce. Order with the low-carb super bun.
- ‘Simon Says’ burger- crispy bacon, herbed mayo, avocado, salad, chicken breast, and relish. Order without the bun or opt for the low-carb super bun.
With their passion being providing foods that boost a healthier lifestyle, Wilde kitchen focuses on gluten-free meals. Whether you want to have a simple breakfast or a rather fancy dinner, or even a takeaway, Wilde kitchen would be a great option.
Address: Cnr Florence & Macquarie Sts Teneriffe QLD 4006
Open Hours: Monday to Sunday at 6.30 am – 3 pm
If you want to enjoy a low-carb keto meal, then below are some options to consider:
- Spiced beef mince – beef mince, avocado, fried egg, seeds, fermented veg, and nuts.
- Pan-fried salmon – salmon, fermented veg, avocado, and greens.
- Grilled Chicken – served with fermented veg, greens, and pickled nuts.
- San Choy bau – aromatic turkey, super seed mix, pork mince, sticky Asian style dressing, and crisp lettuce cups.
Zeus Street Greek
Just as the name suggests, Zeus Street Greek is a Greek-inspired restaurant. Their menu contains a variety of healthy low-carb meals worth trying out.
Address: 13/14 Little Stanley St, Brisbane City QLD 4101, Australia
- Sunday to Thursday 11.30 am – 9 pm
- Fridays & Saturdays 11.30 am – 9.30 pm
Below are some of their low-carb meal options:
- Halloumi- Cypriot cheese and lemon.
- Spartan Box
- Chicken Thigh- served with tzatziki and pita bread
- Lamb Shoulder- served with tzatziki and pita bread
- Pork Neck- served with tzatziki and pita bread
Skip the pita bread since it is high in carbs.
Hog’s Breath Cafe
Hog’s Breath Cafe is one of the best steak houses in Brisbane, with a selection of low-carb, gluten-free and vegetarian dishes.
Address: 40-42 Brisbane Street Ipswich QLD 4305
Open Hours: Monday to Sunday 11 am till late
Here are some of the keto dishes you can order off their menu:
- Natural prime rib
- Chicken Dijonnaise- tangy mustard dijonnaise sauce, grilled chicken breast, and avocado.
- The duo- baby back pork rib and prime rib
- Garlic mushroom prime rib- rib, parsley, sauteed mushrooms, and garlic
- Garlic prawn prime rib- three sauteed prawns and garlic cream sauce
- Avocado and bearnaise prime rib- rib, creamy bearnaise sauce, and avocado
Known for poke with different keto-friendly options, Suki is just the perfect place to be in Brisbane. Even better, you get to choose a protein, veggies, base, and sauces, which you can either have in a roll or bowl.
Address: 182 Grey Street – South Brisbane QLD 4101
Open Hours: Monday to Sunday 11 am – 9 pm
If you are a fan of poke low-carb meals, then below are some of the options to choose from:
- Jurassic bowl- Sesame beef, spinach, carrot, togarashi mayo, zucchini, broccoli, and edamame. Order without the carrot.
- Suki salmon- salmon, cucumber, red onion, Suki sauce, edamame, broccoli, and cabbage.
- 3 Amigos- Kingfish, tuna, salmon, cabbage, beetroot, edamame, red onion, classic sauce, and cucumber. Tell your waiter/waitress to eliminate the beetroot.
- Hot chick- teriyaki chicken, cabbage, cherry tomatoes, coriander, red onion, classic sauce, and broccoli.
Some of the keto-friendly sauces to choose from include; suki sauce, wasabi mayo, Japanese mayo, sesame oil, and Togarashi mayo, so you can choose these instead of the classic sauce.
Viet De Lites
Viet De Lites is the ideal place for the best Vietnamese cuisines with more than enough healthy options to choose from.
Address: Little Stanley St, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
- Sunday 9 am – 10 pm
- Monday to Saturday 11 am -10 pm
From their different variety of healthy low-carb meals, below are some of the available options from their menu:
- Prawn coconut curry
- Pork- tender pork and steamed bok choy
- Grilled salmon
- Garlic tuna meal
- Chicken salad – chicken fillet, herbs, sesame seeds, mixed salads, and dressing.
- Beef salad – rare beef, sesame seed, dressing, mixed salad, and garlic.
The Yiros Shop
The Yiros shop offers an assortment of low-carb Greek-inspired dishes. The restaurant dates back to more than 37 years ago, and they are also known for great yiros made to perfection.
Address: 189 Grey St, South Brisbane QLD 4101
- Sunday to Thursday 10.30 am – 9 pm
- Fridays & Saturdays 10.30 am – 10 pm
Their menu allows you to choose a combination of your plate, and below are some of the options you can choose:
- Low-carb plate – thin low-carb pita bread, marinated meat of your choice (Maryland chicken, lamb shoulder, and pork belly), salad of your choice (Greek salad, lemon herb couscous, and rocket salad), tzatziki, and sauce.
- Snackboxes- crispy chips, meat (chicken, pork, or lamb), and sauce (tomato, hot chili, special sauce, sweet chili, tzatziki, house aioli, bbq, and mustard) – Order without the chips.
- Yiros- grilled thin low-carb pita and protein filling of your choice; lamb shoulder, Maryland chicken, pork belly, wagyu beef, Cypriot halloumi, Hoki fish fillets, and lamb with rocket, feta, & walnuts.
From basic to gourmet and signature sandwiches, Danny Boys is the place to be. You don’t have to worry about high carbs because they have plenty of keto-friendly options.
Address: 88 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove, Qld 4059
- Mon to Sat 7am To 9pm
- Sun 11am To 9pm
Below are some of the sandwiches from Danny Boys, but always remember to ask for yours with a lettuce wrap.
- Greek- kalamata olives, roast lamb, cucumber, shredded lettuce, red onions, mayonnaise, tomato, Greek peppers, feta, and herb dressing.
- Halfbrick- lettuce, chicken breast, ranch, avocado, tomatoes, and bacon.
- Roast- sliced tomatoes, prime roast beef, dijon mustard, red onion, tasty cheddar cheese, pickles, and mayonnaise.
- KJ Club- sliced tomato, sliced turkey breast, shredded lettuce, smoked bacon, red onion, tasty cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise.
While Grill’d is mostly known for burgers and sliders, you have the option to choose a low-carb bun and toppings.
Address: 134 Racecourse Rd, Ascot QLD 4007, Australia
- Sunday to Thursday 10 am -10 pm
- Fridays & Saturdays 10 am -10.30 pm
Some of the low-carb burgers and meals you can choose from their menu include the following:
- Summer Sunset burger – crispy bacon, grass-fed lean beef, herbed mayo, avocado, relish, charred pineapple, and salad. Order without the pineapples.
- Mustard & Pickled burger – pickle, grass fed lean beef, salad, Dijon mustard, relish, and tasty cheese.
- Risky Brisket burger – premium beef brisket pattie, Dijon mustard, spicy lime, salad, egg mayo, and herb salsa.
- Wagyu Wunder burger – premium wagyu patty, Spanish onion, pickle, egg mayo, Dijon mustard, aged cheddar, and tomato sauce. To make it keto-friendly request them to swap the tomato sauce with mustard or have it without.
Order your burgers without the bun or have it swapped with their low carb superbun.
These are some of the restaurants in Brisbane where people have sworn by to have some of the best low-carb and keto meals. If you happen to live close to one of the restaurants and you are looking for quality and healthy ketogenic food then stop by and order some of the mentioned meals and you won’t regret it.