Sometimes you just want to eat out a nice meal, but you don’t know if the nearby restaurants are low-carb and keto-friendly.
If you want to test out different cafes, restaurants, and bakeries in Hobart, Tasmania state that offers keto dishes, you will likely find a few options available. Even better, you don’t have to cook anything, you can have takeaways or eat ready-made food from the restaurants.
You don’t have to do the hard work of finding a suitable spot for your favorite keto dish, so below are the top 3 places in Hobart you can check out:
The Drunken Admiral
For more than 40years, the Drunken Admiral has been in operation, serving a wide range of Tasmanian seafood. You only need to make a reservation and show up for the keto-friendly dinner of your choice.
Address: 17-19 Hunter St. Old Wharf, Hobart Town, Tasmania
Open Hours: Monday to Sunday 5 pm till late
Being a hotspot for seafood, the Drunken Admiral attracts both tourists and locals, and here are some of the meals you can consider:
- House smoked huon salmon salad
- Greek Islands salad- feta, vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, mixed green leaves, roasted red capsicum, and kalamata olives.
- Salt & Pepper squid- squid, salt, pepper, and lemon aioli. Main course served with parmesan, macadamia nut salad, and roasted capsicum.
- Tiger prawns
- Chilled fish poachers’ plate
- Yachtie’s seafood mixed grill with a side salad, no potatoes or fries.
Maldini is the place to be if you are looking for Italian cuisines and great coffee. The quality of food, customer service, and three meals a day which include keto-friendly options make it a worthwhile restaurant.
Address: 47 Salamanca Pl, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
- Monday to Friday 8 am – 10 pm
- Saturdays & Sundays 8am – 10.30pm
A list of some of their low-carb meals you can order include:
- Carpaccio- fried shallots, pepper-crusted eye fillet carpaccios, crisp capers, extra virgin olive oil, and parmesan cream.
- Insalata Caprese- basil, vine ripened tomato, cracked black pepper, buffalo mozzarella, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Pesce del Giorno- fish of the day
- Misticanza – sautéed greens, garlic, chilli and lemon
Cafe Lola is a healthy food restaurant that offers several gluten-free and low-carb meals. Some of their meals are adjustable, so you can have what you don’t want on your plate swapped with a healthier option.
Address: 1/1 Franklin Wharf, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
- Monday to Friday 7 am – 3 pm
- Saturday 8 am- 12 pm
- Sunday Closed
Based on reviews from other customers, some of the foods you can order off their menu include:
- Keto bowl – scrambled eggs, wilted spinach, pork belly, and halloumi
- Chia pod
- Eggs benedict – free range poached eggs, ham, and coconut hollandaise
- Hot pressed breakfast piadinas- scrambled eggs, spinach, bacon/mushroom, and aioli. Order without the piadina.
While Hobart is a small town, there are still places you can enjoy a nice low-carb meal at an affordable price. So, when you come back from work and don’t feel like cooking or if you are looking for a place with nice low-carb meals before a Friday night out, try the above restaurants.
Even better, some like Maldini and Cafe Lola don’t necessarily require a reservation, so you can walk in any time they are open.
For more restaurants around the world, check this list!