Are you looking for a restaurant or a cafe around Houston, Texas that is ketogenic and low carb? Well, you’re in the right place to eat keto!
Below we have 11 keto-friendly restaurants in Houston that offer low carb dishes.
A casually chic restaurant with a twist of Indian flavors mixed with French-American cuisine.
Address: 3963 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77098, United States
Mon-Sat from 11am – 11pm
This restaurant has a separate keto diet menu with plenty of keto dishes that you can choose from. Here are some suggestions:
- Keto Wings (with garlic, basil, and butter)
- Keto Lemon Garlic Mediterranean Chicken (with cauliflower rice, herbs, vegetables)
- Keto Chicken Enchiladas (slow-roasted chicken, cilantro, high-fat mozzarella cheese, jalapeno, fontina cheese)
- Nutella Keto Pie (with almond flour, stevia, coconut oil, hazelnut, flaxseed, chocolate and coconut milk)
- The Works Keto Pizza (with spiced lamb, basil, grilled meats, garlic, onion, tomato, fresh thyme)
Christie’s Seafood & Steak
An old-school seafood and steak house with good food and a nautical theme.
Address: 6029 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77057, United States
- Sun-Thu from 11am- 9pm
- Fri-Sat from 11am- 10pm
They have a separate customizable keto menu that you can ask for, but some things from their regular menu are keto-friendly. Here are some keto options:
- Wedge Salad (with crumbled bacon, tomatoes, house-made blue cheese dressing, and fresh bleu cheese)
- Chopped Romaine Kale Salad (with green onions, freshly chopped herbs, house vinaigrette, feta cheese)
- Greek Salad (with chicken or Calamari, house lettuces tossed with vinaigrette dressing feta cheese)
- Salmon (blackened or chargrilled) Ask to be served with salad.
- Chicken Alfredo (served with salad)
Caroline’s Healthy Eatery
An American casual and cozy place offering a separate keto menu featuring healthy dishes that are 100% Gluten Free and 100% Sugar Free.
Address: 9440 Louetta Rd #12, Spring, TX 77379, United States
- Tue-Thu from 9am- 5pm
- Friday from 9am- 9pm
- Saturday from 9am- 6pm
- Sunday from 10am- 3pm
All their keto friendly dishes and beverages are 100% sugar-free and their buns and toast are with almond flour which is a low carb flour. Here are a few of their dishes and beverages:
- Keto Coffee (choose mocha latte, chocolate mocha, white chocolate mocha, french vanilla cafe, salted caramel, hazelnut coffee)
- Keto Cream Tea (acai berry, strawberry pom pom, mango passion, London fog, jasmine, respbiscus)
- Omelet (with sausage, bacon or Canadian bacon, served with almond flour toast and jam-shredded cheese)
- Quiche (with sausage, bacon or Canadian bacon, heavy cream, cheese, veggies) with a gluten free crust
- Meat Lover Omelette (with all protein- sausage, bacon and Canadian bacon, served with almond flour toast and jam-shredded cheese)
A Southern American casually hip place offering smoked meats.
Address: 602 Studewood St #1729, Houston, TX 77007, United States
- Mon- Thu from 11am- 10pm
- Friday from 11am- 11pm
- Saturday from 10am-11pm#
- Sunday from 10am to 9pm
Choose any meat from their butcher shop and ask for a side of greens or cheese. Here are a few suggestions:
- Filet Mignon with a side of roasted Seasonal Veggies
- House Denver Cut with a side of Southern Greens
- Bone-in Strip with a side of Southern Greens
- Texas Picnic Board (with butcher tailored meats, Ritual pimento, deviled eggs, pickles, local cheese and bread). Make sure you avoid the bread.
- Arugula Steak (with red onion and baby arugula tossed in Dijon vinaigrette and blue cheese crumble)
- Cobb Salad (with smoked chicken, romaine hearts, Ritual bacon, egg, cucumber, tomato, Danish Blue Cheese, cheddar, avocado ranch)
Americas River Oaks
Pan-Latin restaurant with a modern interior and classy dishes.
Address: 2040 W Gray St, Houston, TX 77019, United States
- Tue- Thu from 11am- 9pm
- Friday from 11am-10pm
- Saturday from 12pm-10pm
- Sunday from 10:30am-8pm
Here are some keto options in this restaurant:
- Caesar Salad (grilled chicken, lemon, heart of romaine, parmesan, caesar dressing, and garlic herb crostini)
- Crab Caprichosa (jumbo lump crab salad, fresh mozzarella, marinated tomato, parmesan herb crostini, avocado)
- Salmon Verde (grilled Scottish salmon, crema, achiote grilled shrimp, pico de gallo, roasted salsa verde, avocado and queso fresco)
- Mixto (rainforest tilapia, cilantro, avocado, gulf shrimp, red onion, jalapeño)
- Petite Churrasco (certified angus beef ® tenderloin, butterflied- char-grilled and served with roasted andean potatoes, béarnaise sauce, grilled vegetables). Ask to exclude potatoes and sauce.
A modern and airy restaurant that offers rustic dishes.
Address: 1611 Lamar St, Houston, TX 77010, United States
- Mon-Sat from 11am to 10pm
- Sunday from 11am- 3pm
We have listed their keto-friendly low carb dishes below:
- Gulf Seafood Campechana (with lime, tomato sauce, oregano, green olive, crackers). Avoid crackers.
- Smoked Caesar Salad (with smoked garlic dressing, radish, parmigiano reggiano, grilled croutons). Avoid croutons.
- TX Wedge (with deep Ellum blue, avocado, bacon, red onion, fried shallot, pickled cherry tomato)
- Grilled Steak & Wedge (with beef petite tender, bacon, deep ellum blue, tomato, red onion, fried shallot, avocado)
- Rotisserie Chicken (with 1/2 bird, seasonal vegetables, thyme, preserved lemon, garlic)
- Available sides of mushrooms, charred broccoli, TX cheddar grits and roasted cauliflower
Saldivia’s South American Grill
Family-run restaurant with Argentinian and Uruguayan dishes.
Address: 10850 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77042, United States
- Tue-Thu from 11am- 2:30pm; 5pm- 9pm
- Monday and Friday from 11am- 2:30pm; 5pm- 10pm
- Saturday from 5pm-10pm
Listed below are a few keto-friendly options from their menu:
- Chorizo & Morcilla (with grilled sausage and blood sausage)
- Oysters Saldivia (baked with bacon and spinach)
- Tomate & Cebolla (onions, tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, vinaigrette & oregano)
- Ensalada Capri (with basil, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella served over field greens)
- Ensalada Entraña (grilled steak with, blue cheese, mixed greens, onions, tomatoes and vinaigrette)
- Ensalada Camarones (bacon-wrapped shrimp with field greens, onions, tomatoes, hearts of palm and vinaigrette)
- Costillas de Cerdo (two pork chops)
- Parrillada Completa (mixed grill with vacio, sausage, mollejas, boneless beef flat ribs and morcilla)
- Milanesa Capri (chicken breast topped with field greens, basil,tomato and fresh mozzarella, served with roasted potatoes). Ask for no potatoes.
Taste Of Texas
Family-friendly steakhouse with steaks from an on-site butcher shop.
Address: 10505 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024, United States
- Mon – Thu from 11am – 10pm
- Friday from 11am – 11pm
- Saturday from 3pm – 11pm
- Sunday from 3pm – 10pm
This restaurant has a Salad Bar which gives you an option to make custom salads so you can choose which seasonal vegetables to eat.
Here are some of our suggestions of dishes from their menu:
- Caesar Salad
- Wedge Salad (tomato, baby iceberg lettuce, chopped bacon, and Blue cheese dressing)
- Center Cut Filet with a Side of Fresh Broccoli in Hollandaise
- T-Bone Steak with a Side of Fresh Asparagus in Hollandaise
- Choose any of their meats with a side of Vegetable
Innovative American-style place with a spacious interior.
Address: 3111 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77098, United States
- Mon – Thu from 11am – 9pm
- Friday from 11am – 10pm
- Saturday from 9am – 10pm
- Sunday from 9am – 9pm
Here are some keto-approved choices from their menu:
- Seafood Campechana (with shrimp, jumbo lump crabmeat, jalapeño, avocado, red onion, and cilantro in a spicy tomato sauce)
- Sticky Ribs (boneless pork ribs, orange ginger glaze tossed with sesame seeds)
- Aunt Margaret Ann’s Roasted Chicken (boneless half-chicken served with broccolini)
- Guld Fried Oyster (bacon, pine nuts, spinach and blue cheese in a vinaigrette dressing)
- Grilled Lamb Chop (with a balsamic mint reduction)
A cozy and vintage house offering a modern twist of Southern cuisine.
Address: 5512 La Branch St, Houston, TX 77004, United States
- Tue – Thu from 11am – 9pm
- Fri – Sat from 11am – 10pm
- Sunday from 10am to 3pm
Here are some keto options from their menu:
- Lucielle’s Caesar (with bibb lettuce, soft boiled egg, cornbread croutons, tarragon dressing, tomatoes). Ask for no croutons and no dressing.
- Mixed Greens Salad (with torn cucumber, leaves, tomato, diced red onion, broken vinaigrette, radish)
- Bone-In Pork Chop (with creamed collard green kimchi, tobacco onion herb salad, cheddar grits)
- Tennessee Hot Duck (hindquarter, pickles, five-spice glaze, white bread, sambal). Exclude the bread.
A simple New American cafe with a sophisticated twist.
Address: 5161 San Felipe St, Houston, TX 77056, United States
- Mon – Fri from 7am – 10pm
- Saturday from 8am – 10pm
- Sunday from 8am – 9pm
In this place, you can customize a salad to your keto needs, plus some of their menu items are keto-friendly. Here are a few suggestions
- Omelet (three fried eggs + bacon, bell pepper, mushrooms or bacon, onions, spinach). Ask for no hash brown casserole or black beans
- Build Your Own Salad (lettuce, grilled chicken, onion, tomato, avocado)
- Blackened Shrimp & Goat Cheese (grilled shrimp, roasted bell pepper, spinach leaves, pumpkin seeds, balsamic vinaigrette, goat cheese)
- Grilled Pesto Salmon (served with grilled asparagus, rice). Ask for no rice.
- Oven Roasted Half Chicken (served with grilled asparagus, rice). Ask for no rice.
Now you know all the best places in Houston to keep you low carb while still enjoying a delicious dish! For more of your favorite restaurants, check this list!