If you are on keto, you probably already know how hard it is to dine out anywhere, including Charlotte. You have no idea if a restaurant even has options for you! It is understandable why you’d prefer to cook at home and rarely dine out.
But, don’t give up on dining out just yet! Here at KetoASAP, we understand your struggles with finding good restaurants that have ketogenic, low carb dishes. And, we are here to help you out!
We have found the best keto-friendly restaurants and cafes in Charlotte, North Carolina that have a variety of dishes that are low carb and tasty too!
And here they are:
The Roasting Company
A casual restaurant specializing in chicken and pork dishes in a cozy setting.
Address: 1521 Montford Dr, Charlotte, NC 28209, United States
- Wed – Sat from 11 am – 2 am
- Sun – Tue from 11 am – 12 am
Here are their keto-friendly dishes that you can try out:
- Jaco Pork Salad (our warm Jaco pork served atop a bed of greens topped with cheese, cucumbers, black olives, tomatoes, sour cream, jalapeno peppers and fried flour tortillas). Avoid the fried flour tortillas.
- Tarragon Walnut Chicken Salad Salad (our tarragon walnut chicken salad piled atop a bed of greens with tomatoes, cucumbers, and fried flour tortillas). Avoid the fried flour tortillas.
- Sante Fe Salad (a taco salad made with our homemade chili and topped with tomatoes, cheese, black olives, sour cream and jalapenos). Avoid the tortilla.
- Garden Salad (greens topped with cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, and fried flour tortillas). Avoid the flour tortillas.
- Chicken On Rice (boneless, skinless rotisserie chicken served over our herb rice with Jaco sauce). Avoid the side of rice.
- Chicken On Rice Con Queso (boneless, skinless rotisserie chicken served over our herb rice and topped with queso). Avoid the side of rice.
- Southern Bbq Wrap (slow-cooked pork, herb rice, coleslaw, cheese and Jaco sauce all wrapped in a sundried tomato and garlic tortilla). Ask to exclude rice and tortilla.
Carpe Diem Restaurant and Caterers
An elegant restaurant offering New American dining in a stylish setting.
Address: 1535 Elizabeth Ave, Charlotte, NC 28204, United States
- Mon – Thu from 5 pm – 10 pm
- Fri – Sat from 5 pm – 11 pm
Here are their keto-friendly dishes that you can try out:
- Beet Salad (red beets, arugula, spiced walnuts, goat cheese, shallots, black currant vinaigrette)
- Warm Goat Cheese Salad (mixed greens, wine poached onions, hazelnut crusted goat cheese, apricot-jalapeño vinaigrette)
- Wedge Salad (young iceberg, soft egg, avocado, roasted tomatoes, bacon lardons, blue cheese, black-eyed pea vinaigrette)
- Prince Edward Island Steamed Mussels (chimichurri, white wine, fennel, butter, grilled bread). Avoid the grilled bread.
- Grilled Spanish Octopus (with crispy duck fat potatoes, cashew chermoula, caramelized pearl onions, smoked paprika oil, vegetable ash). Ask to exclude the crispy duck fat potatoes.
- Tuna Poke (diced raw sushi-grade tuna, avocado, grapefruit-lime ponzu, green onions, jalapeno, cilantro, toasted sesame seeds, cucumbers, tobiko, crispy leeks, chili mayonnaise)
- Beef Carpaccio (seared beef tenderloin, cornichons, arugula, whole grain mustard, capers, shallot, herbs, grilled ciabatta bread). Avoid the grilled ciabatta bread.
- Shrimp or Vegetarian Logan Turnpike Mill Grits (NC shrimp or local oyster mushrooms, jalapeno bacon, slow-roasted tomatoes, coffee bbq sauce with sautéed oyster mushrooms)
- Maple Leaf Farms Grilled Duck Breast (smoked duck breast, Dijon-herb spaetzle, pecorino broth, roasted root vegetables, fried egg, bourbon glaze). Avoid the roasted root vegetables.
- Filet of Beef (grilled 8oz filet of beef, crispy fried buttermilk shallots, roasted broccolini, Great Hill blue cheese fondue)
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Breast (Yukon gold mashed potatoes, shallot-black pepper gravy, sautéed spinach). Avoid the Yukon gold mashed potatoes.
The Fig Tree Restaurant
An upscale restaurant offering creative Continental dining in a cozy setting.
Address: 1601 E 7th St, Charlotte, NC 28204, United States
- Mon – Thu from 5:30 pm – 10 pm
- Fri – Sat from 5 pm – 11 pm
- Sunday from 5 pm – 9 pm
Listed below are the keto-approved dishes this restaurant offers:
- Tuna Tartare (with pickled eggplant, capers, hard-boiled quail egg, lemon sabayon, and chive oil)
- Pekin Duck Carpaccio (harmony ridge farms Pekin duck carpaccio with black truffle cauliflower aioli, balsamic pearls, pickled cauliflower, pine nuts, and Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- Stuffed Calamari (chorizo-stuffed calamari with roasted red bell pepper purée and eggplant agrodolce)
- Foie Gras (pan-seared foie gras over cherry gastrique and apricot-bacon chutney)
- Octopus (orange-cumin glazed octopus over celery root cream, pomegranate seeds, sweet potatoes, and poblano pepper purée). Avoid the sweet potatoes.
- Mixed Greens (lightly tossed in a house-made herb vinaigrette). Extras are warm fried calamari, hearts of palm, gorgonzola cheese, feta cheese, goat cheese, pine nuts.
- Traditional Caesar Salad (with house-made croutons and Parmigiano-Reggiano). Ask to exclude the house-made croutons. You can add warm fried calamari, gorgonzola cheese, goat cheese, hearts of palm, feta cheese, pine nuts.
- Baby Spinach and Hard-Boiled Quail Egg (with maple vinaigrette and warm bacon). You can ask for fried calamari, hearts of palm, gorgonzola cheese, goat cheese, feta cheese, pine nuts.
- Sea Bass and Lobster (Maine lobster tail over sautéed sea bass with lobster ragù and saffron risotto). Ask to exclude the saffron risotto.
- Cioppino (lobster tail, shrimp, scallops, littleneck clams, calamari and mussels in spicy tomato-white wine broth with house-made crostini). Avoid the house-made crostini.
- Salmon (Scottish salmon filet over split pea purée with sun-dried tomato-kalamata olive-golden raisin relish, watercress, and lemon-caper beurre blanc). Avoid the pea puree.
- Filet Mignon (stilton and mushroom duxelles topped filet mignon with shiitake mushrooms, kale, fingerling potato hash, and Boursin-dijon sauce). Avoid the fingerling potato hash.
Peño Mediterranean Grill
A cozy restaurant offering Mediterranean dishes and traditional foods with a vibrant atmosphere.
Address: 2115 E Arbors Dr #190, Charlotte, NC 28262, United States
- Sun – Thu from 10 am – 9 pm
- Fri – Sat from 10 am – 10 pm
Here are their keto-friendly dishes that you can choose from:
- Greek Salad (romaine lettuce, tomatoes, feta, olives, onions and tossed with balsamic)
- Caesar Salad (romaine lettuce, seasoned croutons, parmesan cheese topped with caesar dressing). Avoid the season croutons.
- Fattoush Salad (romaine lettuce, onions, tomatoes, tossed with apple cider olive oil dressing)
- Tabouleh Salad (chopped parsley, onion, tomato, mint and with lemon juice & olive dressing)
- Greek Gyro Platter (beef and lamb, hummus. greek salad and tzatziki sauce). Avoid the hummus.
- Chicken Gyro Platter (greek salad, chicken, hummus and tzatziki sauce). Avoid the hummus.
- Philly Cheese Steak Wrap (choice of steak or chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, grilled onions, roasted peppers, provolone cheese and a choice of mayo). Ask to be wrapped in lettuce leaves instead of a tortilla.
- Caribbean Chicken Wrap (grilled chicken, tahini sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, plantains, cilantro, onions, jalapeno hummus). Ask to be wrapped in lettuce leaves instead of a tortilla.
- Classic Gyro Bowl (choice of beef and lamb or chicken, onions, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, tzatziki sauce and parsley).
- Greek Gyro Bowl (choice of beef and lamb or chicken, onions, kalamata olives, lettuce, tomatoes, tzatziki sauce, feta and parsley)
Fin and Fino
A spacious restaurant offering New American cuisine and dishes in a relaxed setting.
Address: 135 Levine Avenue of the Arts #100, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
- Mon – Thu from 11 am – 2 pm; 4 pm – 10 pm
- Friday from 11 am – 2 pm; 4 pm – 11 pm
- Sunday from 4:30 pm – 11 pm
Listed below are their keto-approved dishes that you can try:
- Shrimp Cocktail (cocktail and hot sauce)
- Two Buck Shucks (east coast oysters on the half shell, hot sauce, mignonette)
- Fried Calamari (with minted yogurt and harissa aioli)
- Kale & Roasted Brussels (fried goat cheese, crispy garbanzos, beets, champagne vinaigrette). Extras are chicken, skirt steak, shrimp or salmon.
- Arugula & Roasted Butternut (winter vegetables, bleu cheese, pickled radish, balsamic vinaigrette). You can add chicken, skirt steak, shrimp or salmon.
- Poke Bowl (tuna, salmon, cukes, furikake, sesame oil, green onions)
- Nordic Blu Salmon (black rice, red pepper jelly, farm vegetables). Ask to exclude the black rice.
- Sirloin (herb potatoes, malt vinegar mayo, asparagus, relish)
- Dish Of Fish (6 oysters, 6 nc shrimp, mussels, blue crab, lobster tail)
- Tower Of Power (10 oysters, 10 shrimp, blue crab, 2 lobster tails, mussels, tuna-salmon poke)
- Grilled Nc Shrimp (with smoked mushrooms, tomato sofrito, turnips)
- Tuna Crudo (with crispy capers, jalapeno, shallot-chili oil)
- King Kampachi (with sunchoke puree, walnuts, bacon, Brussels, apple cider gastrique)
- Scallops (poblano, white bean hummus, fennel). Avoid the hummus.
- Filet Mignon (collard greens, roasted fingerlings, jus). Ask to avoid the roasted fingerlings.
- Lobster & Truffles (celery root brandade, shaved truffle, basil shells)
- Local Kale Salad (toasted walnuts, goat cheese, beet, champagne vinaigrette)
- Shrimp & Grits (house sausage, onions, peppers)
A chill restaurant that serves Asian classic dishes in a funky space.
Address: 1600 E Woodlawn Rd #150, Charlotte, NC 28209, United States
- Mon – Thu from 12 pm – 3 pm; 5 pm – 10 pm
- Friday from 12 pm – 3 pm; 5 pm – 12 am
- Saturday from 12am – 12pm
- Sunday from 12 am – 9 pm
- Tuesday it is Closed.
Here is a list of their ketogenic dishes that you can try out:
- Edamame (steamed and lightly salted)
- Skewers (marinated chicken brushed with yellow coconut curry served with a side of cucumber sauce and Thai peanut sauce)
- Pork Belly Ssamjang (scallions and pan-seared pork belly served with a Korean spicy paste)
- Tom Kha (coconut-based soup with scallions, cilantro, tomatoes, mushrooms, galangal, lemongrass, and chicken). A choice for shrimps instead of chicken.
- Tom Yum (slightly sour spicy soup with herbs, mushrooms, scallions, tomatoes, cilantro and chicken). Choice for shrimps instead of chicken.
- Cucumber Salad (tomato, shrimp paste, lime, fermented fish sauce)
- Steak Salad (grilled sliced beef with red onion, cilantro, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, and a spicy lime dressing). Served with a side of jasmine rice. Avoid the side of jasmine rice and ask to exclude the carrots.
- Thai Crispy Duck Salad (crispy fried duck with cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, red onion, and a spicy lime dressing). Served with a side of jasmine rice. Avoid the side of jasmine rice.
- Fresh Ginger (Khing Sod) (stir-fried ginger, scallions, napa, mushrooms, white onions, cabbage, carrots, celery, snow peas with a side of jasmine rice and choice of protein: chicken, pork, or vegetarian). Ask to exclude peas and the side of jasmine rice.
- Basil Kai Dao (Thai basil stir fry with ground chicken, white onion, carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers and topped with a fried egg). Served with a side of steamed white rice. Avoid the side of white rice.
- Green Curry (coconut-based green curry with lemongrass, green beans, peas, eggplant, bamboo shoot, carrots, and basil). Served with a side of rice. Choice of protein: chicken, pork, or vegetarian. Avoid the side of rice and ask to avoid peas.
- Budae-jjigae (Army Soup) (spicy Korean soup with soft tofu, kimchi, ramyeon, onion, scallions, sausage, luncheon meat, mushroom, pork belly, and seasoning paste)
- Curry Soft Shell Crab (tempura-fried soft shell crab, carrots, broccoli topped with chu chee curry sauce)
- Chu Chee Fried Snapper (whole fried snapper topped with chu chee sauce, carrots, red bell pepper, broccoli). Served with rice. Avoid the carrots and the side of rice.
- Beef Jerky (dried beef marinated in dry rub Lao style served with sour chili sauce)
A quirky restaurant offering American fare and seafood in a relaxed setting.
Address: 2501 Central Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205, United States
- Tue – Sat from 11 am – 10 pm
- Sunday from 10 am – 10 pm
Listed below are their keto-friendly dishes that you can choose from:
- Ceviche (flakey white fish marinated in orange and lime. Topped with pico de gallo and served with house-made tortilla chips). Avoid the tortilla chips.
- Shrimp Gazpacho (jumbo grilled shrimp served in a cold summer cocktail sauce. Served with house-made tortilla chips)
- Blackened Tuna (tuna blackened with special spices, served rare and topped with a burned garlic butter with rice, green beans, gumbo and a garden salad). Avoid rice.
- Blackened Catfish (catfish blackened with special spices served over rice with creole sauce, cornbread, green beans, and a garden salad). Avoid rice and cornbread.
- Neptune’s Platter (southern fried fish, scallops, shrimp, calamari, Southern Fried vegetables, Krazy slaw). Choice of one side.
- Lemongrass Curry (your choice of shrimp, beef, chicken or tofu sautéed with peppers and onions. Served with sprouts, rice, and Krazy slaw). Avoid the side of rice.
- Seafood Creole (calamari, fish, shrimp, and scallops sautéed with peppers, onions, and celery in a spicy Cajun marinara topped with Southern Fried fish, calamari, shrimp and scallops over Krazy rice). Avoid the Krazy rice.
- Big Dixie (Southern fried chicken breast served with parmesan artichoke spread and lettuce, cilantro, tomato, and onion)
- Chilly Willy’s Po Boy (your choice of seafood served with onion, cilantro, lettuce, tomato, jalapeno, and remoulade)
- Fresh Market Po Boy (Southern fried seasonal veggies served with onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lettuce, tomato, and parmesan artichoke spread)
- Chef Salad (Cuban chicken, Bulgogi beef and cheese on a bed of mixed greens, Krazy pickles, onions, pickled beets, sprouts, jalapenos and black-eyed pea salad with your choice of dressing; Ranch, Bleu Cheese or Mixed Berry Vinaigrette). Ask to exclude the black-eyed pea salad.
- Steak And Eggs (tender strips of Bulgogi Beef with two eggs cooked to order)
- Salmon And Eggs (blackened Salmon with two eggs cooked to order)
- Steak And Eggs (sender strips of bulgogi beef, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and cheddar cheese topped with gringo salsa)
- Garden Scram (fresh green peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and cheddar cheese topped with gringo salsa)
A homey restaurant offering American dishes like salads, steaks, and sandwiches.
Address: 511 Providence Rd, Charlotte, NC 28207, United States
- Mon – Fri from 11 am – 9:30 pm
- Saturday from 10 am – 9:30 pm
- Sunday from 10 am – 2 pm
In the list below are their keto-friendly dishes you can try out:
- Classic Breakfast (two eggs any style, or scrambled with any of the omelet fillings, with grits, hash browns or fruit salad, choice of breakfast side- bacon, ham or sausage and toast). Avoid toast, grits or hash browns.
- Steak & Eggs (hand-cut beef tenderloin, two eggs any style, grits, fruit salad, or hash browns and toast). Avoid all the sides and make sure that the fruit is low carb.
- Grilled Chicken Salad (grilled chicken over mixed green salad)
- Chicken Salad (a generous scoop of homemade chicken salad over mixed greens)
- Salmon Salad (freshly grilled salmon over mixed greens)
- Chicken Fenwick’s (grilled boneless breast, and topped with sautéed mushrooms and Swiss cheese, and two sides)
- Carolina Chicken (grilled breast topped with bacon and jalapeño pimento cheese, and two sides)
- Salmon (grilled fresh salmon and served with cucumber dill sauce, and two sides)
- Chef Salad (cheese, ham, and turkey over mixed greens)
- Lunchtime Steak (five-ounce beef tenderloin filet grilled to order and served with horseradish sauce and sauteed mushrooms, and two sides)
Now that you have the list of the best keto restaurants in Charlotte, North Carolina, you won’t have to worry about staying hungry when you decide to eat out with friends. All that’s left for you to do is to grab a friend, pick a place and enjoy a good, keto dish in one of the restaurants above!