Are you looking for restaurants, bakeries, and cafes around Chicago that offer delicious and keto-approved dishes? Are you constantly wondering and checking if a restaurant will have options for you? Well, you don’t have to do that anymore!
We have chosen 7 best places to eat around Chicago that have low carb keto dishes you can try out:
A downtown Chicago based, healthy restaurant perfect for those looking for low carb, keto meals that are organic and tasty!
Address: 939 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607, United States
Open Hours: Mon to Sat from 11AM-8PM
Here are a few options for low carb dishes and some low carb plus vegan dishes based on their menu:
- Ghee-Roasted Chicken Thighs: Chicken thighs, lemon juice, sea salt, garlic, sumac, organic grass-fed ghee, sea salt, pepper
- Slow roasted Pomegranate-Brined Pork Shoulder: Non-GMO pork shoulder, lard, pomegranate juice, sage, thyme, garlic, carrots, onions, celery, rosemary, bay leaf, sea salt, and pepper
- Coconut Bay Laurel Salmon: Bay laurel, salmon, organic coconut butter, organic coconut oil, pepper, sea salt, lemon juice
- Cauliflower and Crimini Crumble: Organic crimini mushrooms, cauliflower florets, garlic, celery, onion, organic extra virgin olive oil, pepper, sea salt. This dish is also vegan.
- Harissa & Ginger Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes: Non-GMO pork fat, Jerusalem artichokes, harissa, organic extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, ginger, sea salt
CRAFT Donuts + Coffee
For those with a sweet tooth- YES, it is possible and this cozy cafe has it. Keto donuts along with many other tasty foods. Also available are gluten-free and vegan options
Address: 1501 Miner St. Des Plaines, IL 60016 and 124 W Main St, West Dundee, IL 60118, United States
Open Hours: Mon to Fri from 6AM to 3PM and Sat to Sun from 7AM to 3PM
Here are some tasty treats that are keto-friendly and low carb:
- Keto Donut often served with hot locally brewed coffee
A restaurant with an innovative take on the classic American dishes which still offers you healthy keto dishes you can try out.
Address: 1655 W Cortland St, Chicago, IL 60622, United States
- Lunch: Monday – Friday 11:30AM to 3PM
- Dinner: Tuesday – Thursday 4:30PM – 10PM; Friday & Saturday – 4:30PM – 11PM; Sunday & Monday 4PM – 9PM
- Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30AM – 230PM
Here are a few things from their menu that are keto and low carb friendly:
- Smoked Salmon
- Skirt Steak “Mediterranean style”
- Whole Lemon Rosemary Brick Chicken
When ordering in this restaurant make sure that you exclude the side dishes as they might not be keto-friendly.
A casual place for enjoying tasty comfort foods which has a few keto options with their salad in their menu to try out.
Address: 2863 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60657, United States
- Tue to Saturday from 11:30AM to 9PM
- Sunday from 11:30AM to 9PM
- Monday from 11:30AM to 9:30PM
This restaurant offers the option to not include any bread or bun. This means that some of their meals can be customized to be keto-friendly. Here are a few suggestions from their menu:
- Cobb Salad: Roasted chicken(chopped), avocado, roma tomato, blue cheese, and bacon. Served on mixed greens tossed in our house-made lemon vinaigrette.
- Santa Fe Salad: Roasted chicken, red onion, corn, avocado, white cheddar, roma tomato,with greens tossed in chipotle ranch. Try to exclude corn from your dish.
- Cheese Steak: Ribeye steak, caramelized onions, provolone, cheddar cause, white American. Served without bread or bun.
- Chicken Pesto: Grilled chicken, fresh baby mozzarella cheese, Roma tomato, house-blend special seasoning, garlic aioli, house-made almond-toasted pesto, red onion, and greens. Served without baguette or flatbread.
A restaurant with simple, pure and authentic food and a modern and comfortable atmosphere.
Address: 205 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, United States
Open Hours: Mon to Thu from 7AM to 7PM and Friday from 7AM to 4PM
At FARE you can mix and match the ingredients of your meal and that way you can make it suitable for a low carb diet. Our recommendations are:
- Baby Lettuce + Broccoli, Almonds, Brussels, Spicy Chilli Oil+Chicken Thighs
- Broccoli, Almonds, Brussels, Spicy Chilli Oil + Ground Turkey
- Salmon + Baby Lettuce
- Chicken Thighs + Avocado Mash + Herby Pesto
- Local Smoked Sausage + Spicy Red Peppers
Blue Door Farm Stand
A welcoming and warm place that serves seasonal foods, along with some keto options.
Address: 2010 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60614, United States
- Mon to Fri from 10AM to 9PM
- Saturday from 9AM to 10PM
- Sunday from 9AM to 9PM
Some good dishes suitable for keto diet from their menu are:
- AVA Omelette: Avocado, spinach, kale pesto, bacon, swiss, havarti, mozzarella, green tomato relish
- Sesame Chicken Salad: Watermelon radish, pickled peppers, mixed greens, bean sprouts, sesame cilantro vinaigrette, chicken
- Farmhouse Club: Bacon, ham, turkey, lettuce, tomato, dijonaise, cheddar, avocado
- Farm Stand Cobb: Arugula, grilled chicken, bacon, egg, pickled peppers, romaine, blue door vinaigrette, blue cheese
- Brown Line: Havarti, roasted red peppers, bacon, onions, scrambled eggs, whole wheat wrap. Ask to exclude the wrap.
Eli’s Cheesecake Company
A modern lunch and cake spot that offers a wide variety of sandwiches, soups, and cheesecakes.
Address: 6701 West Forest Preserve Drive, Chicago, IL 60634, United States
- Mon to Fri from 8AM to 6PM
- Saturday from 9AM to 5PM
- Sunday from 11AM to 5PM
Here are some keto options to try out:
- The Cobb: Chicken breast, applewood smoked bacon, avocado, tomato, blue cheese, boiled egg, mixed greens
- Keto-friendly cheesecake
With all of the options that are listed above, now you won’t have to worry about where to go when you want to eat out with your friends, but you still want to stay on your low carb and/or keto diet.
All you have to do is just pick one place, pick your dish and enjoy the taste! For more places to eat, read our restaurants guide here!